Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
FYI - instead of a useless "subin"

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
Looks like a block Shelby had done here in Vegas. I've seen this block at a local machine shop. Shelby had them assembled, engine dyno'd, and disassembled to check tolerances/wear patterns. This was about a year or 2 ago. I remember them by the extra material in the valley. They were also hand etched build codes. Dont know if shelby cast them or if they pulled them from something. There was about 10 blocks at the shop though.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I'd say it's just an old test Teksid block that was never finished. Could possibly be a good candidate for big bore sleeves, but so would any other block that doesn't have all the questions.

petersonb

forum member
Reaction score
Have you measured the bores? It might be a good candidate for cammer sleeves. They would put the bore at 3.700".

3.572", and I bought it as a "20 over" block

ReallyFuckingXperimentalEngine-6015 2277099

Hahaha... That's about right.

===================================================

I will send the part number to a Ford parts guy my dad knows, who has been doing it for decades. Hopefully he'll have some insight!

BP

petersonb

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like a block Shelby had done here in Vegas. I've seen this block at a local machine shop. Shelby had them assembled, engine dyno'd, and disassembled to check tolerances/wear patterns. This was about a year or 2 ago. I remember them by the extra material in the valley. They were also hand etched build codes. Dont know if shelby cast them or if they pulled them from something. There was about 10 blocks at the shop though.

Okay, so no matter what this block ends up being, I'm keeping it as "an experimental block that Shelby cast himself.... See this? His handwriting."

Hahahahaha

WARstang

forum member
Reaction score
Hahaha... thanks for the good laugh

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
0E11592D-1777-451D-82E8-3F05AE65AC7A_zpscuup5ytf.jpg

petersonb

forum member
Reaction score
Gave this to a friend of my dad's, who's a service manager at a nearby Ford dealership. He had no clue, and sent it out to a bunch of people, and no one had ever seen one.

It's still a mystery. I guess it's still floating around to a bunch of parts guys at Ford dealerships and warehouses, so maybe some day I'll get an answer.

BP

blk88gtstang

Reaction score
Resurrection post. I happen to have one of these blocks. Did anyone uncover anything about them?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back