Airbag light starts blinking while driving (Code 34)

inuvoli

Reaction score
Hello,

this is my first post here so let me start with a big thank you for all the thing I've learned just lurking on this forum.

Going back to my problem, I have a 2007 GT. When I bought it, it has the airbag light always on. The previous owner swapped the original front seats with airbags with 2006 version without airbag. To exacerbate the problem, the passenger side seat wiring harness of a 2006 model is different from a 2007 one, different connectors!

Anyway, changed the wiring harness with the correct one. Installed two Airbag Delete Resistors and off it goes the airbag light. Everything seems fine!

The other day, while driving around, I noticed the airbag light on again. If I turn off and back on the engine the airbag light goes off after the canonical 6 seconds, no blinking no nothing. After 15-20 minutes it starts blinking (LTC code 34) than stays on.

Now, I know the meaning of the LTC code 34, a problem with passenger side seat belt pretensioner. But why it jumps out after 20 minutes? Is there a particular reason? I always though the RCM performs a full self-test on the SRS at startup so I assume I should have the airbag light turning on immediately not after 20 minutes.

Any ideas?

46addict

Reaction score
Maybe give the soldering job a once over and experiment with different resistors?
What ohm resistor are you using right now?

inuvoli

Reaction score
What ohm resistor are you using right now?

I'm using a 2.2Ohm 1/2W resistors, it's not a resistor value problem IMHO. I was thinking vibrations were causing an intermittent contact, but always after the same amount of time? I don't think so.

I.

teeje

Reaction score
While it's not recommended, black electrical tape will cover the airbag light ;)
Just joking haha

I'm fairly new to these mustangs but in my experience, wouldn't you just be able to go to the dealer and have it programmed for non airbag seats?
Not sure how the computer acts but typically when the vehicle is running it does it's own system checks as you mentioned before. I've heard things such as having the seats zeroed out but that may not apply with non airbag seats

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

inuvoli

Reaction score
Going to the dealer is not really an option here...I live in Italy ;)

I'll keep Black electrical tape as my last resort!! ahahaha

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back