AnotherS197GT's Coyote Swap: The Valve Dropper Special

travelers

Reaction score
That looks good. Free lift time????? I can't get on the lift at the shop even on the weekends. Jobs just flow into the next week.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
My buddy owns his own shop where he works on the side. I try to help him after work and on the weekends, which earns me free lift time when the work load slows down.

shep358

Reaction score
Coyote no crank

So I ordered PCM from partsbarn was supposed to have a pats delete. I have key on power, power to injectors and and coil's and fuel pump but the car will not turn over like the clutch switch isnt engaged. I have the clutch pedal wires depinned out of old harness into corresponding correct pins in body harness to coyote pcm. Anyone know will pats deleted pcm still turn car over just not fire?

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Do you have a tune on the car with PATS delete? I don't think my PCM has PATS delete, but I have an FRPP control pack based tune which doesn't look for PATS at all. What wires do you have pinned and where for the clutch switch?

shep358

Reaction score
pats

The pcm was supposed to have the PATS deleted from dealer I bought from off ebay(partsbarnsalvage). Car has no tune yet. Talking with Lund, but not at that stage yet. Wanted to make sure gremlins are worked out before I start installing twin turbos.

I have in the trans harness C175T pin 19 came from pin 33 from old body harness. Then top of travel pin 21 came from pin 39.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
I don't think I bothered with the top of travel. I can dig into it tomorrow for you. My car always cranked, the only time it didn't fire was when I didn't have the crank trigger wheel on. I did de-pin the clutch pedal once and it didn't fire.

shep358

Reaction score
Double checked my clutch pin out is same. What pins did you change for starter? Mine are Lg/ye to pin 7. Wh/Pk to pin 37 in c175 connector to pcm.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Thats probably how I have mine set up as well. Let me look into it for you.

Are you using an 11+ battery cable?

shep358

Reaction score
Yes I have the new trans starter harness. The one that has the all the 02 sensors and epas.

Thanks for the help with this. Trying to double check my work. Can't really tell if pcm is bad.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
No problem. It's been a while and I didn't do the starter stuff, so I'm not exactly sure what was done. I'll try to do some digging tomorrow night or this weekend though.

I'm gonna shoot you a PM.

saleen07gt

forum member
Reaction score
Double checked my clutch pin out is same. What pins did you change for starter? Mine are Lg/ye to pin 7. Wh/Pk to pin 37 in c175 connector to pcm.

You need to use pin 33 LT BLU/YEL to complete the ground for the starter relay, so try connecting pin 33 to pin 2 LT GRN/YEL, that should ground pin 85 of the starter relay, I believe that's what I did to get the starter to crank. I changed power source at pin 86 of the starter relay so it got power with key in crank and run, I grabbed that power from the ign. sw.

Last edited:

shep358

Reaction score
Starter

OK finally was able to look at this again. So I got it to turn over. I put pin 33 to pin 2. But when I turn the key off the gauge cluster doesn't go off even when I open the door. Is that why you ran separate power to the relay? Pin 86. Do you know what number that is in the bec?

saleen07gt

forum member
Reaction score
OK finally was able to look at this again. So I got it to turn over. I put pin 33 to pin 2. But when I turn the key off the gauge cluster doesn't go off even when I open the door. Is that why you ran separate power to the relay? Pin 86. Do you know what number that is in the bec?

I believe I changed the power source to the relay because anytime I I had the key on and depressed the clutch, the starter would start to crank without turning the key, so I went old school and grabbed the power from the ignition switch crank power. My gauge cluster works normal, I'm not sure if it stayed on like you described, wasn't really paying attention to it before I changed the power source to the relay.

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No problem. It's been a while and I didn't do the starter stuff, so I'm not exactly sure what was done. I'll try to do some digging tomorrow night or this weekend though.

I'm gonna shoot you a PM.

i must take my hat of to you for doing this swap, and your car looks super clean love the wiring job you did, i was going to do the coyote control pack but changed my mind after reading this thread, i have a 05 gt that im swapping to a 5.0

i purchased the boss 302 engine harness and was hoping this will work no where in the thread did i see where you mentioned what engine harness you used

i will be purchasing all the part #S for the wiring that you have listed
definitely going with electric steering

im hoping i can get you to help me out with some info when i get to the wiring

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
My engine came with a harness, so that's the one I used. It should be the same for al 11-14 engines, F150 or Mustang. Feel free to message me or post here if you have any questions!

Gaytan02

Reaction score
Was it hard making your own control pack? Would u be able to help im trying to do the swap I got everything from body harness to fuel tank from a 2012 mustang

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My engine came with a harness, so that's the one I used. It should be the same for al 11-14 engines, F150 or Mustang. Feel free to message me or post here if you have any questions!

thanks a lot for replying you really seem to be a down to earth person every time you try to get help on things like this people ignore you

by the way i see your in tampa if you ever need parts for your car let me know shot me a message and if i have it i will send it up with my driver for you we own a salvage yard down in ft myers and punta gorda plenty of the 05-09 no 10s and up yet hard to get with out spending a fortune for them

i do have 2012 f150 that had a coyote and a 2015 f150 that i snagged the coyote for my swap

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back