Wtb: rods/pistons or shortblock. 3v

thundr306

forum member
Reaction score
My car just bent #5 rod like a pretzel. I am looking for a set of forged rods(stock length) and forged pistons (stock bore). Will also consider a built shortblock. Looking for something asap. Reply with info, pics and pricing.

Thanks

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Oh hey james, i replied to that exact pic on FB. lol

Really sucks about yours, Any cause for why it did that come up?

Mine was hydro-lock on startup, with driver side of engine on the downhill side, ergo #5 inhaled just enough to bend the rod

thundr306

forum member
Reaction score
I believe it was a combination of a 3.0 upper and really cold air was just too much for the stock rod. No detonation in that cylinder.

Oh hey james, i replied to that exact pic on FB. lol

Really sucks about yours, Any cause for why it did that come up?

Mine was hydro-lock on startup, with driver side of engine on the downhill side, ergo #5 inhaled just enough to bend the rod

46addict

Reaction score
The cold weather tends to expose the weak links. Good luck with your search. I'm also in the market because I'm running on borrowed time.

my07silvergt

HOLD ON TO YOUR PANTIES
Reaction score
I have an mmr 900s going up for sale. Has about 8000 miles on it, 0 track use (for real) I went to the track with the car twice and didn't get to run either time. Also have 07 cylinder heads ported and custom grind blower cams for sale as well. Basically my entire setup is up for grabs as of today. I'll be getting pics of everything in the next few days and posting in the for sale section.

10secgt

Reaction score
I have a set of Roush P51 std bore std stroke pistons with rings, I had to go .020 over so couldn't use them. Still new in the box.

thundr306

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I already bought something.

10secgt....that's the exact setup I put in my car. Pm me a price, a spare set may not be a bad idea.

10secgt

Reaction score
Do you have a couple extra heads laying around or know of anyone with a pair I could do a trade. My heads and cams are scored up from a thrust bearing issue. I found a pair of stock cams just need a good pair of heads to put mine back together.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back