Manual to Auto Swap

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
I've been trying to gather information on what all would be involved in a manual to auto swap on my 2013 GHIG. All I've been able to find is it's "too hard", "sell it and buy an auto", etc. You guys know me.... those aren't good answers.

Just based on all the work I've done on my 05, I can think of at least the following:

- Tranny/torque converter
- Shifter
- 2013 auto PCM
- Engine harness from an auto

What am I missing?

Oh, and I'm sure someone will ask why":

1) The getrag is a giant piece of shit, especially after driving the TR6060 in my 05

2) My wife wants nothing to do with driving a stick. I want her to be able to drive this, too

3) I'm getting lazy in my older years. Ready for a change

Last edited by a moderator:

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
I know power by the hour has a lot of swap shit available. Not cheap, but will save headaches.

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Frank. For the price, they definitely seem to be the way to go. Not cheap, but at least I won't have to worry about anything.

char259

Wolf Pack Racing
Reaction score
bringing back from dead. whose done the swap in 11+ , pleased with the change ?and whats the normal $$ involved in doing it

Smalls5oh

forum member
Reaction score
There were a couple threads on SVTPerf when I was looking to do the swap. Ended up selling the car instead.

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
Well, I'm not gonna sell the car.... but I've convinced myself not to do the swap either. I'd like for my wife to be able to drive it, but there are just so many other (better) things I could be spending my money on.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back