Oil Stained Driveway

07 Boss

Reaction score
Here are the stains.

Bought a small bottle of "Pull It Out" from Home Depot. Spread it over the stains and let it dry and do it's magic for about 8-10 hours.

Used the pressure washer to spray it down last night but it was too dark and the pavers were still wet so I'm not sure how it came out. Left for work before the sun came up so we will check it out when i get home this afternoon. Stay tuned.

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
Was just going to say ... Pull It Out ... works wonders! I tried simple green, powdered tide, engine degreaser, TSP, kitty litter, etc, etc.

I had to remove some oil stains in my workshop before I put down the epoxy. I had no idea how old the stains were, the previous owner had a tractor parked in there for quite some time. It worked great, stripped more out than I expected it would and the epoxy laid down perfect.

Like I think I read before, be weary of clean spots now, they might show up worse than oil spots.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129896

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I might have to get a big bucket and do the entire driveway. Lol At least it's not that big.

I wouldn't. I'd say I cleaned the stains. I did what you asked. If you don't like how it looks, you clean the rest.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Well I wasn't happy with the results, though much better looking, I just wasn't satisfied.

So I went over it again but instead of spreading the stuff out evenly I just poured it directly over the stains. Let it sit overnight and washed it off. Much better and it really wasn't a lot of work. The quotes I got for someone to come out and do this were in the $300-$350 range so I think I did good.

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
Wow, that turned out better than expected and doesn't show any indication of the previous stains. I'll have to try pull-it-out on the stubborn stains on my concrete driveway.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Wow, that turned out better than expected and doesn't show any indication of the previous stains. I'll have to try pull-it-out on the stubborn stains on my concrete driveway.

Though it took two applications I was extremely impressed by the way it came out. Definitely recommend this to anyone.

I gotta do the second application on the other side and then I might look at some kind of sealer which should help on the next go around.

travelers

Reaction score
Looks good and tjm has an idea. I would also look into some oil dippers to put under the car.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Can you seal it now?

Gonna do that as soon as I do the other side one more time to get it like in the pic.

Looks good and tjm has an idea. I would also look into some oil dippers to put under the car.

Those stains are years old and none of our cars now drip any oil. Well my 76 Pontiac does but it sits in the garage with the quick dry sand under it. The garage is epoxy sealed anyways so I don't worry about it too much.
Oil drip pans would not go well with the weather/wind or the HOA if we left them out them out there all day.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back