Holley makes an intake for the Coyote?

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
How well does it work on a street driven car that doesn't spend it's life at 7k+ rpm? Just wondering.

I recently went through a similar decision but for a 3v. In the end the Holley wasn't plug and play. It wasn't a big deal but all of the vacuum ports were located on a boss and needed custom lines. It also had 7.5" runners vs 9.5" on the FRPP.

Then there were the fitment stories. Holley is supposed to have those all worked out, at least on the 3v. In the end I figured that my n/a setup would be hard pressed to make use of the short runners except at wot and I really like the plug and play setup of the FRPP along with the factory look.

OP if you get the Holley please do a follow up to this thread. It would be useful information for many people. Real results on a street driven car.

Pauly

Way too loud
Reaction score
Just had my Cobra Jet intake professionally dyno tuned (which I highly reccommend). Cobra jet instake, FRPP twin 65mm TB, FRPP CobraJet Cold Air kit, Borla Long Tubes, Borla X-pipe and MBRP Race Cat-back. Car made 445 rear wheel HP on a Mustang Dyno (very nice unit, btw) and 385 Ft/LBs of torque. Very Happy!!

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good numbers, similar to what I made using Pypes LT's and CJ setup but I was on e85.

Pauly

Way too loud
Reaction score
Mine was made on 93 Octane Pump Gas. Have thought about the E85 conversion. The place I had my car tuned has done quite a few were they install a switch on the center consul that toggles between 93 Octane and E85. You do need to drain the tank before switching from one to the other.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think I gained maybe 10hp with corn, it was for a track day where I was going all out for 10's NA.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Just had my Cobra Jet intake professionally dyno tuned (which I highly reccommend). Cobra jet instake, FRPP twin 65mm TB, FRPP CobraJet Cold Air kit, Borla Long Tubes, Borla X-pipe and MBRP Race Cat-back. Car made 445 rear wheel HP on a Mustang Dyno (very nice unit, btw) and 385 Ft/LBs of torque. Very Happy!!

What's it run at the track?

I have tuned a Boss intake car, stock airbox, 450whp on a Mustang dyno and run's 10's N/A.

Pauly

Way too loud
Reaction score
Haven't had it to the track yet. Just got it tuned on Tuesday. Planning on taking it to Kilcare within the next few weeks.

forum member
Reaction score

What's it run at the track?

I have tuned a Boss intake car, stock airbox, 450whp on a Mustang dyno and run's 10's N/A.

What RPM were yall spinning to? If you're still here that is..

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back