How much should a windshield cost??

j-stang

forum member
Reaction score
i have got to get one, i just want to be prepared, and know if the place is trying to rip me or not.

cost of the glass, and install.

anything else i should know about this???

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Lucky bastard. So when I had my nitrous explosion a couple years ago which really did a number on the windshield, Florida would have replaced it for free (if I lived in Florida?)

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Replaced for free by the state. How lucky you are, Tovarisch. :laughlots:

I was quoted right around $250 for mine.

Blazing Saddles

I'm a "Pro Tree" Hugger
Reaction score
A lot of states have $0 deductible on glass. Check your policy. Massachusetts is one. I live in New Hampshire and a stone got kicked up and put a nice crack in mine. The insurance covered it, $0 deductible.

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
we have or should i say i have a $50 deductible dunno if it's the whole state or just my ins though

69Mach1-409

Reaction score
I was quoted $250 from a local glass place (plain windshield), but the dealership wanted $550 to install the OEM style windshield (with the running horse). :thud:

j-stang

forum member
Reaction score
well the first local place i called said it would be 600 for he one with the pony...amd 350 for the one with out the pony....and they could not put it in till next week....what?? next...

so safelight auto glass, gave me a quote to come to my house tomorrow and put one in my car, with out he pony emblem for 230 or the one wih the pony emblem for 330....much much better....

so 100 buck for the pony emblem... worth it???

romac

Reaction score
I would probably go for the one with the Pony on it, only because I'm kind of weird about stuff like that with my vehicles.

j-stang

forum member
Reaction score
ahh, i got the glass with out it.

reason i did is because, i've always waned to put a tint strip on the top of the window and was not gonna put it over that dot matrix stuff, now i'll be able to put the tint up there with ou it looking stupid. and i figured since i couldnt remember ever looking at the pony up there it wont hurt me not to have it

Gallagher

forum member
Reaction score
good choice if i coulda did that i would of.. i have the tint strip on my windshield love it still looks good... and ya in mass 2 free windhsield replacements a year :thumb:

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I just had one replaced last week. The total price was about $320 for mobile service (they came to my office and did it in 30 minutes). All I paid was $100 deductible.

j-stang

forum member
Reaction score
we are back up and running. grand total for the windshield....240.
got a black hood on till iget a new one.
SNC00398.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back