Anyone ever seen this happening? WEIRD! *VID*

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry but i gota say this, all the people on here that are saying the speedo jump is normal when you rev the car in neutral,
are fucking stupid.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
i really never noticed this before. lol the one about the needle being a warning is classic though !

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
that makes sense, i will look into that man thanks for the tips. someone on another forum says theirs does it too.
i could have sworn this never happen before though :/

I was just fixing to say...sounds like an electrical problem. Those spedos and tachs are connected together like a huge printed circuit board. A small conductive particle across two leads could cause some weird shit to happen. A poor ground could cause you fits too. Current can bleed over to another element due to a poor ground; electricity always takes the path of least resistance.

HTH

Mike

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I was just fixing to say...sounds like an electrical problem. Those spedos and tachs are connected together like a huge printed circuit board. A small conductive particle across two leads could cause some weird shit to happen. A poor ground as well.

HTH

Mike

Understood. but why wouldn't my speedo be affected at any other time during vehicle operation if that was the case. weird :/

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Understood. but why wouldn't my speedo be affected at any other time during vehicle operation if that was the case. weird :/

There are some switches on the transmission that talk to the ECU and perhaps some of the components in the instrumentation cluster as well (shift light, when it is in gear versus neutral, etc.)

HTH

Mike

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thats why its a gremlin, hard to track down the problem, ive stil never seen one in real life lol

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
There are some switches on the transmission that talk to the ECU and perhaps some of the components in the instrumentation cluster as well (shift light, when it is in gear versus neutral, etc.)

HTH

Mike

i got ya bro, weird i guess i will wait till something actually happens lol

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
facepalm.jpg

anyone paying attention? lol

MY SPEEDOMETER IS MOVING WHEN I REV MY ENGINE AND MY CAR IS NOT MOVING.

Oh geezus... :topicsucks:

Jesus Christ, that took SOOO MANY PEOPLE to notice that.. That was the first thing i saw. Why people didn't read is beyond my knowledge.. That provided some nice entertainment though. As i keep scrolling down, people keep not understanding..

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the vid... Here's your

stupid%20sign.gif

JJ, if all else fails (no pun intended), check for a voltage event being compromised;

Last edited:

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
I'm sorry but i gota say this, all the people on here that are saying the speedo jump is normal when you rev the car in neutral,
are fucking stupid.

Seems there are some who do feel it's a "problem"...

TonyN

Ford Junkie
Reaction score
My car does the same thing. Rev up the engine out of gear real quick (over 4500rpm) and the MPH jumps up a bit. I work on all sorts of vehicles and find that some do it and some don't (most chevys do). Never heard anyone complain about it yet. I myself am not worried about it either. As long as the tach and speedo work as and when they're supposed to, it doesn't bother me. Although, if you find any info on the matter please post up. I'm curious now...lol.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My car does the same thing. Rev up the engine out of gear real quick (over 4500rpm) and the MPH jumps up a bit. I work on all sorts of vehicles and find that some do it and some don't (most chevys do). Never heard anyone complain about it yet. I myself am not worried about it either. As long as the tach and speedo work as and when they're supposed to, it doesn't bother me. Although, if you find any info on the matter please post up. I'm curious now...lol.

Looks like it could just be a gremlin somewhere in the sysem from ford as long as its not jumping when u go wot in gear then its really not a problem, but like the op stated it would make me curious as to if something is wrong as well.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
13.8 mpg? and i was complaining.
Thats from revving and messing around on the highway... i get 23-25mpg all week back and forth to work :)

with my best being 28.4 but here is a 27mpg shot on the way to work on the bamachips race tune.
2a4rceu.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back