My new 2012 5.0 arrived today!

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You can also use the fl820s or similar filter. Same threads and has alittle bit more capacity.

MUSTANG GUY

forum member
Reaction score
Blower install started this morning at a friends shop. I stayed to help with whatever I could till I had to take off for work. I booked tomorrow and Thursday off to help finish the install

3ca231c8.jpg

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
You'll love it. Are you getting the cammed tune option too?

Yes, I got the cammed tune option. Just need to trace down a JLT intake or CAI kit of some sort now. John called this morning and informed me that the cammed tune required it and it wasn't a good idea to run it off the stock airbox.

MUSTANG GUY

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, I got the cammed tune option. Just need to trace down a JLT intake or CAI kit of some sort now. John called this morning and informed me that the cammed tune required it and it wasn't a good idea to run it off the stock airbox.

I'll be selling my JLT plastic once I bring it home from the shop tomorrow or Thursday

stang8psi

forum member
Reaction score

odd he would say that! I have seen him tune a ton of stock box cars with the cam tune.. And mine has the roush cold air kit which still uses the stock size maf tube and intake tube and it runs flawless and has had no problems.. Also has dipped me into the low 12's at over 118 mph on stock tires..

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
odd he would say that! I have seen him tune a ton of stock box cars with the cam tune.. And mine has the roush cold air kit which still uses the stock size maf tube and intake tube and it runs flawless and has had no problems.. Also has dipped me into the low 12's at over 118 mph on stock tires..

It's just what I was told....

MUSTANG GUY

forum member
Reaction score
The blower is on! We had an issue with the injector install but it's been fixed, the car is tuned and ready to rock.

I wanted to thank PSP (Paul Silva Performance) Joe and Matt from Dasilva Racing. Also want to thank beefcake for helping me out while I was having install issues with the injectors.
Also of course Jon Lund and Ken Bjonnes from Lund Racing. Ken did an awesome job with remote tunning the car, went above and beyond for me. Thanks Ken!

Here are some progress pictures as the build was coming along.
e91d6633.jpg

9f472d3f.jpg

c0000e40.jpg

3bbaba9a.jpg

c3918b5a.jpg

de13364d.jpg

5397178e.jpg

441b8ce0.jpg

MUSTANG GUY

forum member
Reaction score
The car made 589rwhp and 459rwtq with a very conservative and safe Lund Racing tune, feels awesome and I'm extremely happy with it! Feels better than my 04 Cobra did.

6899efe8.jpg

24167a47.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back