My 06 GT after a few changes

2DaDarkZide PR

Vroom, Burble, Burble
Reaction score
IMG_3065.jpg

IMG_3064.jpg

This shot shows how the tires protrude while still being flush. I love it.

IMG_3058.jpg

The front coil spring.

IMG_3055.jpg

The drop in the front. Only 1" but looks lower with the taller tire.

IMG_3054.jpg

The rear wheel at a close up.

IMG_3053.jpg

A complete side shot. The rear still sits high but trust me, when compared to stock it is definitely lower.

IMG_3051.jpg

IMG_3049.jpg

IMG_3048.jpg

IMG_3045.jpg

IMG_3047.jpg

IMG_3035.jpg

They are a staggered set. 18x10 in the rear and 18x9 in the front. Tires up front are 255/45/18 and the rear is 275/45/18. The tires are Nitto 555.

IMG_3036.jpg

Ford Racing Springs.

I have since tuned it from 87 to 93 and installed 4.10 gears and the C&L Racer intake. Wicked now (to me since I know some of you guys are pushing twice my HP haha):clap:

Also installed Hawk Street Pads Front and Rear. Stocks on a dime now. The combo of tire and drop REALLY changed the handling. Feels like a completely different car.

The rear still has some room to settle with some more driving. The springs have been on less than 24 hours.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Love it! And yes I think you have quite a bit more settling to go in the rear. I am on FRPP K's with 275/35/20 rear which is basically same tire height as you, and notice stance in my sig pic. Edit, see you are on P's not K's.. but still think u have more to go

Last edited:

2DaDarkZide PR

Vroom, Burble, Burble
Reaction score
Nice, are you going to upgrade shocks/struts/panhard bar?

Struts only when they fail. Panhard bar is next :)

It didn't go off center that I could tell but I would love the piece of mind of knowing I can adjust it if need be. Plus, any excuse to buy more toys.

Love it! And yes I think you have quite a bit more settling to go in the rear. I am on FRPP K's with 275/35/20 rear which is basically same tire height as you, and notice stance in my sig pic. Edit, see you are on P's not K's.. but still think u have more to go

They definitely need settling because the OEM spring and the 'P' spring were IDENTICAL in height for the rears when out of the car. So, I assume it will settle some soon.

The 'K's are only a half inch lower, so I do believe mine will settle, just not quite as low as yours obviously.
Are they AM RTR knock offs? They look REAL good. Much better than SVE drifts.

They are the AMR Charcoals as they're listed on Americanmuscle.com. I'm new to Mustangs so I am not sure if they're supposed to be a knock off of something.

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, hopefully it will settle. Mine is only a 1" - 1 1/2" drop fully settled but mine never looked that high.

2DaDarkZide PR

Vroom, Burble, Burble
Reaction score
Two things.

The rear settled a bit more. I don't think it ill go down much more without prolonged weight in the back.

Second, I replaced the "GT" emblems with 'Autobot' badges. Couldn't help it.

IMG_3093.jpg

IMG_3092.jpg

IMG_3091.jpg

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
I'm sure it will still settle a bit more. Still weird that it was that high. I took measurements before and after just to make sure when I did mine.

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
Nice looking ride man!

You are on newcelica.org right? I am a former Celica owner as well.

2DaDarkZide PR

Vroom, Burble, Burble
Reaction score
Nice looking ride man!

You are on newcelica.org right? I am a former Celica owner as well.

Yes, my name ever there is the riciest ever to grace their pages haha.

'NoRuLzAt140 MPH'. I made it when I was 17 haha. 10 years ago. Boy, I feel old already.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Looks good man, plEEAAAAAAASEE paint those calipers though lol

2DaDarkZide PR

Vroom, Burble, Burble
Reaction score
What is the best way to paint them? I see painted calipers all the time cracked up and the paint peeling. I want to paint them high quality. I may just shell out the outrageous cash for the red caliper plates that AM sells.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back