Ford Racing Gauges installation

2526Bullitt

forum member
Reaction score
On Wednesday night, after polishing several beers, i was going through the summit racing catalogue (probably not the best thing to do, especially when judgment is impaired) and ended up buying three ford racing gauges. Which are: oil pressure, water temperature and voltage. I have started doing some research as to where to tap the sensors i.e. oil pressure sender unit either buying an oil filter adapter with fittings (glowshift sells a nice piece) or go to the hardware store and use brass fittings to T of the oem oil pressure sensor and the gauge sender kit. For the water temperature gauge, ill use a fitting which taps into the upper radiator hose. For the voltage gauge, i assume to the battery right? If anybody has done this install, please post. Also, i read in a forum that i could tap into either fuse 23 or 32 in the kick panel for a 12 volt source...still researching, just need to be pointed to the right direction. Thanks

2526Bullitt

forum member
Reaction score
This is for a 2008 bullitt....i posted this question in a bullitt forums and i got some good feed back. Im debating whether to tap into the block (driver side plug) or use a adapter that will be placed in the upper radiator hose. Moreover, i remember that there is a plug by the oil filter housing..ill post a picture of the plug in question, maybe i could remover the plug and tap into the for my oil sender.

2526Bullitt

forum member
Reaction score
Can i use the autometer oil pressure sender in place of the oem and run both the stock and the new ford racing gauges (made by autometer) from that one sender?

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Can i use the autometer oil pressure sender in place of the oem and run both the stock and the new ford racing gauges (made by autometer) from that one sender?

Here is the locations for the constant and switched hot wires in the fuse panel.. hopefully this will help you.

Last edited:

2526Bullitt

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks. I just ordered a new upper radiator hose, lower radiator hose and new water pump; figured i should change that while I'm in there.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back