P0352 I'm lost

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Well, it was the coil drivers in the PCM. I took it to a place in Grand Prairie, TX called Auto ECM Electronics on Tuesday and picked it up today repaired. So far I would recommend these guys to anyone. After calling the dealer and finding that I could not order another one, due to them being discontinued, I started looking for a used one. Then I decided to look for a place to repair it and found this place.

http://www.ecmdepot.com

Sorry to hijack but since the proble mwas resolved...glad it was, and thanks for sharing................

WHOA!!!! Hold the ponys here NELLY! How is it Ford can end life on a PCM module that has only been out of production since 2010? Am I missing something? If I recall the same PCM was used from 2005-2010 at minimum. I thought law required parts support on a product for 10 years after it went out of production. Or am I just getting old and laws have changed? Enlighten me Ford techs /enthusiasts if I am wrong here and/or how this can be. If OEM's can do this on a whim, I may as well go buy that Pontiac G8 I have been coveting.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack but since the proble mwas resolved...glad it was, and thanks for sharing................

WHOA!!!! Hold the ponys here NELLY! How is it Ford can end life on a PCM module that has only been out of production since 2010? Am I missing something? If I recall the same PCM was used from 2005-2010 at minimum. I thought law required parts support on a product for 10 years after it went out of production. Or am I just getting old and laws have changed? Enlighten me Ford techs /enthusiasts if I am wrong here and/or how this can be. If OEM's can do this on a whim, I may as well go buy that Pontiac G8 I have been coveting.

Same thing with my DS a pilar trim. No longer offered.

nbk13nw

forum member
Reaction score
And red leather. They stopped stocking that back at least 3 years ago according to Ford.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
So, after testing several times at home by the kid and myself, cruising and WOT several times, we just got to Myrtle Beach for Mustang week, and the code is back! I trailered the car here and left mine at the house in case there was an issue. The car runs fine at mid throttle and WOT, it's light throttle or low rpms were the car misses and breaks up some now.

Anyone have any ideas?

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just a word of advice when doing electrical tests.
Do not use standard multimeter probes to test any mini fuse sockets.
They may become unusable.
Ask me how I know :(

I soldered a straight piece of a paperclip to my test leads.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
So, after testing several times at home by the kid and myself, cruising and WOT several times, we just got to Myrtle Beach for Mustang week, and the code is back! I trailered the car here and left mine at the house in case there was an issue. The car runs fine at mid throttle and WOT, it's light throttle or low rpms were the car misses and breaks up some now.

Anyone have any ideas?

Man that sucks. Questions:

1.) Is the PCM still functioning properly or has the same output driver for that COP failed again? That is the big question in my head.

2.) Are you running after market COP's? Accel? MSD? others?

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Just a word of advice when doing electrical tests.
Do not use standard multimeter probes to test any mini fuse sockets.
They may become unusable.
Ask me how I know :(

I soldered a straight piece of a paperclip to my test leads.
I have been down that road before myself.

Man that sucks. Questions:

1.) Is the PCM still functioning properly or has the same output driver for that COP failed again? That is the big question in my head.

2.) Are you running after market COP's? Accel? MSD? others?
It seemed fine for the test drives then same issue after we arrived at Myrtle Beach on Monday. Yesterday while in traffic leaving the meet and greet, the car got hot due to the high speed fans not coming on. I was able to source a used PCM 1.5 hrs away and drove my truck to get it. Right away the car sounds crisper and the high fan comes on when the a/c is turned on again. The kid went and drove it around some last night for a few minutes and it seems fine now. We are going to go put some miles on it this morning and see how it does. Coils were the stock coils, but we have my MSD coils on it now still from trouble shooting at the house.

Fingers are crossed for the kid this morning. This is putting a large damper on our trip here to Myrtle Beach. Yesterday we were going after parts or working on the car all afternoon until 8:00 last night in the parking garage here at our hotel instead of being on the beach.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Well I was going to say that the COP originally in the car developed low resistance and took out your output driver in the PCM. But since you had it repaired and I assume are running the MSD COP's in it and other issues have developed I am still aghast. Personally though it costs more I would at least replace the original COP's that were used to troubleshoot the original problem in the event my initial thinking was right, when going back to the factory COP's. Low resistance under load could take out the output driver in the PCM. That circuit is a sinked circuit meaning that 12vdc in at eh coil at all times. The output device provides a logic low (ground for no better common term) when the coil is being commanded to fire. My guess is that the change in potential at the output driver when sinked lets the PCM know if the coil fired. Further the presence of 12vdc when not commanded lets the PCM know connections are good on that circuit. At least that is how I am applying the theory I picked up on COP operation and my electronic background in another field that deals with DDC.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Well I was going to say that the COP originally in the car developed low resistance and took out your output driver in the PCM. But since you had it repaired and I assume are running the MSD COP's in it and other issues have developed I am still aghast. Personally though it costs more I would at least replace the original COP's that were used to troubleshoot the original problem in the event my initial thinking was right, when going back to the factory COP's. Low resistance under load could take out the output driver in the PCM. That circuit is a sinked circuit meaning that 12vdc in at eh coil at all times. The output device provides a logic low (ground for no better common term) when the coil is being commanded to fire. My guess is that the change in potential at the output driver when sinked lets the PCM know if the coil fired. Further the presence of 12vdc when not commanded lets the PCM know connections are good on that circuit. At least that is how I am applying the theory I picked up on COP operation and my electronic background in another field that deals with DDC.
I have another set of stock coils at home we are going to put back in it when we get home.

So far do good this morning!

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Easiest way to follow up on this is to copy what I sent Manuel a minute ago.

Happy to report that the car did pretty good today. We cruised around this morning for a while without issue, other then fixed a leak at the header to x pipe connection that has been there for some time. We went to the auto parts store and got some new clamps and fixed that. After that the the a/f gauge was good at idle again. It was at 16.8 at idle and now it's at 14.7 or so. Then we went to Myrtle Beach Speedway for the fun runs. Mason drove there and made his laps first and the car ran really good all three laps. With the exception of some idle issues when starting the car in the staging lanes. The car likes to surge or vary the rpms some if you don't sit there for a while before putting the car in drive. We will log for that tomorrow as we will be there earlier in the day.

So, then I made three passes in the car, drove it in 3rd on the track not shifting and that thing is pretty fast! Took it to 6500 to 6800 in third every strait away.

First time at this type of track. I told Mason, It's pretty addictive turning left...

It's really hard not to want a car to really race on a circle track once you try it. Right up to the point were I ask myself, self, what happens when you over drive the car, and then the wall makes me want drag race again. Lol

Anyhow, we will log for the startup/ drive issue tomorrow at the track while in the lanes. We are going to get at least another two three lap sessions each tomorrow. Then we can consider the issue gone and the motor broke in.

Last edited:

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Well after 18 laps around Myrtle Beach Speedway, in 6 3 lap sessions, a 2hr drive to Darlington to make three passes and back, and a couple hours driving around the next day, I think we can call it fixed.

Bad PCM in this case.

Now onto the next in another thread.

46addict

Reaction score
It seemed fine for the test drives then same issue after we arrived at Myrtle Beach on Monday. Yesterday while in traffic leaving the meet and greet, the car got hot due to the high speed fans not coming on. I was able to source a used PCM 1.5 hrs away and drove my truck to get it. Right away the car sounds crisper and the high fan comes on when the a/c is turned on again. The kid went and drove it around some last night for a few minutes and it seems fine now. We are going to go put some miles on it this morning and see how it does. Coils were the stock coils, but we have my MSD coils on it now still from trouble shooting at the house.
Can you use any 05-09 Mustang GT PCM or do I need to pay attention to option packages? I've read somewhere an auto PCM will work on a manual but not the other way around or something. Can a PCM repair place like ECM Depot handle re-programming if need be?

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Can you use any 05-09 Mustang GT PCM or do I need to pay attention to option packages? I've read somewhere an auto PCM will work on a manual but not the other way around or something. Can a PCM repair place like ECM Depot handle re-programming if need be?

Not sure, I just got the auto pcm and Manuel took care of the rest.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back