Clean piston on No. 2 cylinder after a month of driving

Gh0stRep0rt

forum member
Reaction score
Ok i have been driving my car for a month with out any engine code.
Last friday i took the car for the recall on the airbag, since than the car has been parked.
Today i decided to turn it on and take it for a spin but sadly it gave a hard rough idle and it sound like misfiring.
I drove car to the garage and let it cool off. Took the spark plugs out and inspected the inside of the cylinders to check on the pistons on the passanger side since 3 of them were wet and one was dry as it never fire before.
Long story short, the piston on No. 2 Cylinder is so clean while the rest have carbon build on them
Plus i dont have engine code at all
So i dont know if i have to replace the boots and spark plug only or do i have to check the injector on that cylinder as well

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Marble

forum member
Reaction score
I think the easiest thing to confirm is if you have spark first. Unplug the injectors turn car over and look for spark from that spark plug. Seems easier then diagnosing the injector.

I'm sure a few guys will come in to help diagnose.

It could be anything from a loose connection, to a bad sensor, injector, coil, spark plug etc. I would do one thing at a time to find the problem for sure before buying parts.

And if it's a coil, get OEM please...

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Clean piston can also be from steam cleaning, caused by water entering the combustion chamber via a blown head gasket.

Check compression.

Gh0stRep0rt

forum member
Reaction score
I think the easiest thing to confirm is if you have spark first. Unplug the injectors turn car over and look for spark from that spark plug. Seems easier then diagnosing the injector.

I'm sure a few guys will come in to help diagnose.

It could be anything from a loose connection, to a bad sensor, injector, coil, spark plug etc. I would do one thing at a time to find the problem for sure before buying parts.

And if it's a coil, get OEM please...
Ok, thanks...
Ill checked that out tomorrow, beside i just got a code, p0201...

Clean piston can also be from steam cleaning, caused by water entering the combustion chamber via a blown head gasket.

Check compression.
I see... after checking the injectors, spark plug and coils. I will do a conpression check on it

Last edited by a moderator:

2005Redfire6

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks...
Ill checked that out tomorrow, beside i just got a code, p0201...

I see... after checking the injectors, spark plug and coils. I will do a conpression check on it

Verdict? Curious

Gh0stRep0rt

forum member
Reaction score
Verdict? Curious
I cleaned the injectors.
Swapped the passanger spark plug with the driver side turn it on for a min. Sounded like a big misfiring on the passanger side..
Took out the spark plugs and they werent firing correctly and they all have strong fuel smell on them. Driver side is firing just fine.
So this weekend im replacing the ignition coil boots
The code of the No. 1 fuel injector malfunction came on

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back