Sharkey Push Button Trunk Release

rogcat1

Reaction score
I am attempting to install the above mentioned kit in my 2007 GT. Unfortunately, the color code for the 2007-2008 model years did not maintain a standard wire color code. As a result, the wiring harness on the passenger side has me baffled. I have googled it several times, and each time the individual who is demoing the install, states to connect to a different wire color code, ie; white with pink stripe, off white with pink stripe, or orange with pink stripe. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Mine was white with pink stripe I believe. 2009 Bullitt. You can test it by grounding the wire. If the trunk pops open then that's it.

rogcat1

Reaction score
Hesitant to ground wires that I don't know what they go to. The wiring harness in my car has two white/pink wires. One of the demo guys, stated to remove the smart box and check the wire going into pin 21, but will doing something like that as a last resort.

bl817

Reaction score
I have an 05' GT. tried the white with pink stripe and fried the wire to my momentary button. decided I didn't need a trunk release that bad. its on the key fob. good luck

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score

07 Boss

Reaction score
If you have two similar looking wires maybe you can check which rune runs hot when you push the fob. Cut one and see if the trunk stops working. then you know that's the one you tap.

Sidenote: My car came with a factory custom driver's side window switch panel with an extra switch (convertible panel on my coupe). Anyways I took the up function on the extra window switch and wired it into the white and pink wire for my own trunk monkey.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back