Largest displacement BBB based stroker kit ideas, please

46addict

Reaction score
I'll admit I know nothing about nitrous. What's the advantage to spraying a 400 shot over forced induction? Is it a streetability thing?
A blower setup adds 100+lbs to the car.
Nitrous requires no intercooling because it's a cooling agent on its own. Torque delivery is instantaneous which can lead to traction problems, but a progressive setup that allows you to "feather" the nitrous flow will fix that. I wouldn't say there is a streetability advantage because it's only designed to work at WOT and a basic 100-125 shot on a 3.7/4.6/5.0 Mustang is plenty enough to put you in misdemeanor territory on the streets.

I have an FTI stage 4 TH400 trans with a Pro-brake and the car has been through fairly severe levels of weight reduction.

I have no problem spraying 400-500 horsepower worth the nitrous, it's what you would do on any capable pushrod based engine, I just think the lack of cubes might hinder the engine from taking that much nitrous, I'm not certain because most people stop at about 200 and call it a day.

I read the same thing, stock stroker and boost, I'm not worried about extreme RPM, my trans is limited to 6600 RPM unless I upgrade the drum so I would stroke the BBB deal if I went that route.
There are guys here spinning theirs north of 7k on stroker setups. If this is a track oriented car I assume you would be doing rebuilds every other year (or sooner) anyway.

roberts

forum member
Reaction score
9914f64a8a8ec790b0b95ab735d6fe88.jpg

My numbers for Friday. Built motor stock crank on 20lbs. E85 stock heads!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back