Want to build another motor need help!

roberts

forum member
Reaction score
Okay guys got a motor built in my car and going to build another cause of the stock crank and wanting more power.

Currently made 878 on 20psi and not sure how long the crank will like it.

It's a turbo car so think of staying stock stroke! What cranks are out there beside the cobra cranks to hold 1k hp!

Also what rods would u do?
What compression?

It'll have arp everything in the motor!
Just needing some help. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sdleo29

forum member
Reaction score
The stock crank is used in 5 second cars in pro stock eliminator. There is a thread in here about it .. It's fact that it has held 1k or better

YouTube CPTV John Mihovetz quickest ever comp eliminator

And listen to him Pretty crazy shit

Last edited:

sdleo29

forum member
Reaction score
3v car. Not on the 5.0 train!

It's a 4.6 281, essentially same crank ...albeit a 4V yes, this is coming from a guy that has a forged crank in his new motor ... lol... was just commenting on stock crank potential

Last edited:

roberts

forum member
Reaction score
Yea I just don't know about this stock crank at 878hp seems limited to me. But there is only 1 way to find out!

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Yea I just don't know about this stock crank at 878hp seems limited to me. But there is only 1 way to find out!

Put a Cobra/Kellogg crank in it. As mentioned above, John Mihovetz has them running...................5's.

As far as I know there is no other good choice.

roberts

forum member
Reaction score
I'll look into those. I didn't think I could retain stock stroke. So I'll look into it thanks

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
My buddy is selling a freshly built motor. It's ALL THE GOOD STUFF! I will have to look up every detail but it's a aluminum 3v block with a stock stroke Cobra crank, Some good H beams (I can't remember what ones), good pistons (I can't remember what ones), ARP everything, billet timing chain guides, billet OPG's, L&M race port heads, 7,500 rpm big lift valve springs (I can't remember what ones), bla, bla, bla. Shortblock was built by Holbrook.

The only "issue" is that it's 11:1. But if you're running a turbo on e85 or race fuel, who cares. I would have to nail down a real price too, but it's reasonable.

He abandoned his S197, put it back to stock and is selling it to finance racing Spec Miata. Email me if you're interested and I'll look everything up. I have an email somewhere with all the info.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back