What have you done to your mustang today?

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I bought a nice Mishimoto oil separator while I was at Carlisle to replace the old small Jeg's one I've had on the car for a few years.

So, the Mishimoto came with 1/2" hose nipples...for some stupid reason I thought I used 1/2" hose when I hooked up the Jeg's separator, so I bought a piece of 1/2" oil cooler hose and a couple really nice black aluminum 1/2" nipple x 3/8" NPT 90° elbows (I could see as soon as I test fit the separator that the straight nipples wouldn't work) to match the black oil separator.

I go to start fitting everything up and I realize the hose connections I have on both ends at the engine (intake and fitting on valve cover) need 5/8" hose. :doh2:

I got back on ebay, same place I bought the original elbows from had them in 5/8" nipple x 3/8" NPT, so I order a pair...and it's not until I get the shipment notification that I realize I bought the silver ones instead of the black ones.

SIGH... is it bad that this is typical project progress for me?

gavin.biegler

forum member
Reaction score
almost finished with intercooler kit for supercharger. (my first attempt at updloading pics on here, not sure how to post it in the text box)

Attachments

• 20121485_10154419980941442_2351358496829812731_o.jpg
    20121485_10154419980941442_2351358496829812731_o.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 22

nyuk98GT

Infrequent poster
Reaction score
Ceramic tint?

Hi Greg,

Yes, Llumar ceramic tint. It has a bit of a tang to it but I hope that will dissipate as the curing process goes on (a couple of weeks to dry out?).

Parked outside for an hour today and only the dash was warm. The backseat and back headrests were not toasty. I think this tint is good stuff. I am going to nab a thermometer and collect some data - that will show the difference between surface under a tinted window vs. surface under an untinted window.

**edit:
Ah, you are asking what ceramic tint is rather than if the tint is ceramic. Ceramic tint has a higher heat rejection than regular tint. Some people have reported little difference, some people have reported a big improvement over regular stuff. I think a little data will help to settle performance. Of course, I don't have any plain tint to test so my results will tell one side of the story.
**end of edit.

Chris

Last edited:

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hi Greg,

Yes, Llumar ceramic tint. It has a bit of a tang to it but I hope that will dissipate as the curing process goes on (a couple of weeks to dry out?).

Parked outside for an hour today and only the dash was warm. The backseat and back headrests were not toasty. I think this tint is good stuff. I am going to nab a thermometer and collect some data - that will show the difference between surface under a tinted window vs. surface under an untinted window.

**edit:
Ah, you are asking what ceramic tint is rather than if the tint is ceramic. Ceramic tint has a higher heat rejection than regular tint. Some people have reported little difference, some people have reported a big improvement over regular stuff. I think a little data will help to settle performance. Of course, I don't have any plain tint to test so my results will tell one side of the story.
**end of edit.

Chris
I would like to see a pic of this stuff on your car.
Read with a Hank Hill voice and Hank Hill laugh at the end--- "It sounds like a "cool" product."

gavin.biegler

forum member
Reaction score
Good work - that intercooler looks smallllllll. what's the blower and boost level suppose to be.?

Thanks, it's a paxton Novie1200sl should be around 8-9lbs. yeah half the intercooler is behind the crash bar. i'll have to see if it'll still provide enough cooling.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Is the 2015 MT82 trans the same as a '13-'14?

Edit: never mind, I got my answer elsewhere.
Was looking to score a '15 MT82 for cheap money, missing 4th gear, for a possible build-up but to spend over $2300 to build up an MT82 would just be money wasted.

Last edited:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Yesterday I didn't do anything with my car but my wife and I took her GT500 out to VT to visit her sister and her bro-in-law, she drove out there, I drove the 2 hrs back

Every time I drive that car it makes me want one.

Benwhite911

V6'ing & Dealing With It
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Threw in a set of 500 lb rate rear coilover springs. Really like the way the handle, and they're no were near as harsh as everyone made them out be. And I live in the New England area, where frost heves and pot holes are a way of life.

ponys197

forum member
Reaction score
Installed AEM Wideband X Gauge I won at NMRA in Columbus in the True Street Raffle.
oJDyk4I.jpg
hsQbHfo.jpg

Last edited:

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Installed AEM Wideband X Gauge I won at NMRA in Columbus in the True Street Raffle.
oJDyk4I.jpg
hsQbHfo.jpg
Clean install!,
I have the UEGO by AEM here waiting to decide where I want it....on another note, yesterday I did some spray painting and the wind carried an unbelievable amount ov overspray onto my car. I quickly took care of it, but what a pain in my buttocks.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back