Jinx's Blue Baron Build thread

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
Deal went through at Mustang Week. I have a stock spoiler and decklid. Next things on my list is a GT500 style spoiler (going 3Dcarbon from CJpony prepainted) and side splitters with rear side splitters.

allworknoplay

New to the streets
Reaction score
Deal went through at Mustang Week. I have a stock spoiler and decklid. Next things on my list is a GT500 style spoiler (going 3Dcarbon from CJpony prepainted) and side splitters with rear side splitters.

I got put on the GT500 spoiler on and I like the look of it a lot more than stock! I just painted mine black, maybe one day I will get color matched

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
Ok, American Muscle had the better deal on 3DCarbon GT500 style Spoiler that was pre-painted DIB. Only difference between CJs and AMs, is the CJ has the gurney flap area painted matte black and AM's is body color.

15 minute worth of masking, then a heavy spray with Plasti-Dip, I had laying around, for a light textured look in matte black, and boom.... Matte black Gurney Flap. I looks perfect I think.

In reference to the paint match and quality from American Muscle; it looks perfect and spot on. Not wavy at all. It feels as rigid as the small stock one I removed.

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
I thought you shaved the trunk lid?

I wasn't happy with the look. It's one of those things that looked good to me at first; but I really missed the spoiler and wanted the GT500 spoiler. So I traded someone with a stock trunk lid plus some cash.

Now I'm trying to fix this noise related to the driver side Koni Strut. I'll remove and replace with my stock Strut assembly to see if that stops the noise. If it does, I'll disassemble the Koni assembly and replace what I have to.

Thread with video of noise:
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124513

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
Gotcha. Well I havent even put that RTR deck lid on my car yet. I honestly forgot I had it until yesterday......

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
Replaced the busted POS Koni STR.T Front Struts today with a set of Stange 10-way adjustable Struts.

I know in my tech thread related to this issue; some suggested going through the Koni Warranty process.

Well that's a headache I don't want to deal with and it still lands me with a strut that didn't impress me when I put them on. They felt like a minor upgrade in terms of stiffness from OEM struts.

I've talk to a few and the Strange Strut seems to be a tried and true upgrade, especially for a straight line oriented car; so here I am.

I got this done and reinstalled the front sway bar and I have to say I'm very happy with these struts. No noise this far (Koni had noise from day one). A good ride at 4 clicks in the front.

I plan to get matching Strange 10 way shocks for the rear.

Also, I have a set of MMD Zevens in Charcoal finish (20x8.5(f) and 20x10 (r)) being Shipped and expected to arrive tomorrow. I'll test fit the front wheel to see if a spacer is needed and how much of a spacer is needed.

Will with American Muscle has a set on his car with a 8mm spacers. I wish one wasn't needed at all or one not a big as that. But, hopefully, since I'm running a 6 piston Brembo (instead of his 4 piston) I can skate by with a smaller spacer and have more thread engagement to make me feel better. AM hasn't fitted these wheels to a 6-piston car yet. So this could be a first with this wheel.

101919G15

redline8k

Reaction score
Get the Viking duel adjustable rear shocks if your going to race it. They are more money but worth it for dialing in the launch. ..just a heads up.

i have a friend that had the konis and this 60ft was having issues. Hes going to order the same setup. 10 w strange fronts and viking rears. He should be cutting 1.3 1.4 60ft in now time. He 700 hp with a novi2200 at 12 psi

Last edited:

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
I sold the DF5s and got the MMD Zevens in. Transferred the tires. Waiting on front 3mm spacers. As seen in the pics, the Zevens slight graze the 6 piston Brembos. Wheel can move but with friction. Wheels were not torqued on and I didnt spin. The backpad of the wheel appears seated.

I'll try the 3mm spacer first to see if the wheel will clear the caliper. I figured I don't need much clearance; as stock brembo wheels with 4 piston calipers only have .050" clearance. I like to not go above 5mm on the spacer, because then I would have to go with longer wheel studs for me to feel good about it.

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
I just want to give a shout out to Will Levantovsky and American Muscle for the great customer service. I just recently bought this MMD Zeven wheels (20x8.5 front/ 20x10 rear) in Matte Charcoal. I was concerned about fitment with these wheels on a 15" Brembo setup from a 13-14 GT500 (6 piston front, 14" rears). AM never had the chance to test fit these on a setup like mine, so I would be the lab rat on this one.

After test fitting, it was determined by me that a 3mm should offer the tiny bit of extra clearance needed. Stock Brembo wheels have .050" of clearance between the spoke and caliper; so I figured a 1mm or so would be fine. Vorshlag Motorsports has wheels fitment so close on some setups that clearance is measured with a feeler gauge. So I think ill be fine.
I took these pictures after install and the test drive. Love the finish and meaner look.

TheSuit

VISIONARY
Reaction score
Just went through your the build thread. Really enjoyed watching the progress and like what options you went with. Inspiration!

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
Not much of an update. I've added a new Decklid panel to replace the old RTR one that failed on me. This guy called "Chainsaw" out of Texas has this startup company that has production on a rear decklid panel that is the best smooth panel made in my opinion to date. I've done a product review on my website/blog.

The comapny's name is Fred's Parts. The product is called The Wart Remover Kit.

I also fitted the MMD Zeven wheels with Modified Stock Center Centers (Epoxied to AM's replacement center caps) in a similar manner as I did with the first set of wheels.

Here are some pictures with the product and just updated photography.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back