What The Fuck Happened There Thread!?!

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
So you've always had ugly wheels on the '65 ... no wonder the thing tried to commit suicide-by-tractor-trailer ... poor car ... get it some better wheels already, will ya?

Last edited:

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
IMG_3878_zpsx9h3i59k.jpg

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
It depends. If it broke during transit, it could go both ways. I would bet the shipping company would look at that and say that it was the inadequate packing job that broke the engine. That being said, the driver let the engine roll off of the skid after it was refused for whatever reason. I'm still at a loss as to why he refused the shipment unless he found damage to the engine after inspecting it. The packaging is in tact and the pallet broke because of the engine, not because of transportation.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Fire046.jpg

Fire001.jpg

These are the two worst photos in my collection. This was what was left of my 82 GT after my garage fire in 2009. Previous owner of the house put a furnace in the garage and the pilot light was about 3" off the floor, cloud of fuel vapor drifted over to it and ignited. I had enough time to run around the back of the explorer (the other charred skeleton), get the dogs out of the house and call 911. At that point both vehicles were fully engulfed along with the back wall of the garage.

The engine was a 393W. Proform carb, Vic Jr intake, AFR 205's, kooks headers, hydraulic roller cam, TKO 600 tremec... Still hurts to look at those pictures.

Last edited:

SSStang

forum member
Reaction score
Dang what a bummer!!

I dont have any pics but my 2013 DIB GT was destroyed in a cargo ship fire being shipped from Germany to Texas

Fire046.jpg

Fire001.jpg

These are the two worst photos in my collection. This was what was left of my 82 GT after my garage fire in 2009. Previous owner of the house put a furnace in the garage and the pilot light was about 3" off the floor, cloud of fuel vapor drifted over to it and ignited. I had enough time to run around the back of the explorer (the other charred skeleton), get the dogs out of the house and call 911. At that point both vehicles were fully engulfed along with the back wall of the garage.

The engine was a 393W. Proform carb, Vic Jr intake, AFR 205's, kooks headers, hydraulic roller cam, TKO 600 tremec... Still hurts to look at those pictures.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
damn that would suck, finding out your car was destroyed in the middle of the ocean.

assuming it had insurance on it during shipment?

SSStang

forum member
Reaction score
Yes it was insured made out pretty good seeing they gave me what i paid for the car. It had 9000 miles some suspension mods, tune and intake. Had a blast with the car for two years in Germany.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ATV piston hydro locked at 7,000 RPM. Wow!

d5doz_zpskvmeo2ny.jpg

sv278m_zps4hgfgqas.jpg

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
I also logged into Facebook today. Lol

But yea wow

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cam gear split from the pilot hole through the dowel hole and sheared the dowel. Replaced the cast top gear with Rollmaster billet unit this time around.

All fixed.

IMG_4111_zpscyenzt53.jpg

Last edited:

darrens07gt

forum member
Reaction score
Darren doesn't run fuel in his car. He just fills the tank with Sta-Bil

LOL!!!!

That is some funny shit in what otherwise is a depressing thread. Thank goodness I don't have any pictures to add to this thread. Then again I haven't sprayed my car yet so I may be back.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back