The Tale of Alexandria, My Magnetic Metallic S550 GT

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Nice looking ride height. Wheels in your future?

Drag wheels, yes, but street wheels are not. If it doesn't make my car go faster at the track I won't be adding it on my car. I prefer to look stock and beat all the slammed, and all show no go cars, then just look fast.

Nitrous is in the near future, I need to start making some decisions on the fuel system I'll run since I plan to add twin turbos later on and don't want to have to upgrade the fuel system a second time.

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
Car looks awesome Ryan, let me know what you think of those BMR springs. I can't wait to get my full suspension installed on mine after Christmas. Working my ass off until Christmas to pay for all these mods haha.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Thanks man! I love them so far. They ride better than the stock sprigs even. Handling has improved by a ton. I plan to get her cleaned up this weekend and take some nice pictures. They will be settled by then.

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
Good to hear man! I actually went with the minimum drop fronts, didn't want to go too low, I'm hoping for a even drop all around with the rear BMR springs only being 0.5".
I also snagged a set of 19*10 wheels during Black Friday, will be wrapping them in 285s all around. Should handle great when I'm done installing my mods.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Shit just got real boys. This season I am going to be in the 10s! That is my goal.
Must ordered some things to help get me there last night.

Nitrous Express 2015 Coyote 30HP-200HP Plate System
NGuage with Lund Racing Tune
NGuage suction cup mount

Last edited:

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
When does the order of half shafts and stickies get placed?

No half-shafts yet, if and when they snap, I'll address it then.

I am going to order a pair of Race Star 18x10.5" polished wheels, and a pair of MICKEY THOMPSON 305/40R18 ET Street S/S DRs to go on them. It's a 28" tall tire, exactly what I wanted.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Received the NGuage yesterday! Now I just need to get my PCM code and send in the tune form!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 4

REDS197

Reaction score
Get the 17 wheels and tires. You need all the sidewall you can get with stick IRS cars to take up the shock of the stick car. I know of several one piece driveshafts breaking even with every single BMR part they make on the car. I broke two myself with a slick and 1.50 sixty foots.

Better get the halfshafts. Most Nitrous cars break them at launch or the 1-2 shift.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Get the 17 wheels and tires. You need all the sidewall you can get with stick IRS cars to take up the shock of the stick car. I know of several one piece driveshafts breaking even with every single BMR part they make on the car. I broke two myself with a slick and 1.50 sixty foots.

Better get the halfshafts. Most Nitrous cars break them at launch or the 1-2 shift.

I'll be alright, I know the weak points. I won't be making hard launches, nor will I be launching off nitrous. If the half shafts snap, they snap, and I'll replace them when the time comes. They aren't in the budget right now.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
I can't believe how fast the dash comes apart on these S550s!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 12

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Yes sir, it's pretty damn good from the factory. I've only missed a couple shifts in the entire ownership so far, and it was driver error, not mechanical.

RCrumb

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just love it when someone has the balls and money to rip the shit outta their new ride. Keep the updates coming. Cheers

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back