Track day play

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
^^^LOL! It's nice to know it's there in case you need it...rather than a concrete wall or a steel ARMCO barrier!

Fabman

Children Of The Corn
Reaction score
^^^LOL! It's nice to know it's there in case you need it...rather than a concrete wall or a steel ARMCO barrier!

I have a couple decades of oval track racing...the walls are reassuring to me....I also miss the banked turns.

tang-o

Reaction score
ha ha good one! Sounds awesome.
Cool video. I take it you can run full sessions without heating issues

sdleo29

forum member
Reaction score
I pullied the blower down for this. It only makes 644 rwhp @ 9psi.

In about two months I will have pretty much your exact setup motor/blower wise. How tall of a tire did you run with the 4:10's when you ripped off the 10.22?

Fabman

Children Of The Corn
Reaction score
28"
If you have the same motor as me get a bigger blower. Mine runs out of air at high boost and power falls off early and sharply. It would make a lot more power and go a lot faster with a bigger blower.

sdleo29

forum member
Reaction score
28"
If you have the same motor as me get a bigger blower. Mine runs out of air at high boost and power falls off early and sharply. It would make a lot more power and go a lot faster with a bigger blower.

I know, I have the blower already on a stock bottom end, wanted to see what I could get out of it before I drop a kings ransom for a DOB r spec.

Fabman

Children Of The Corn
Reaction score
I know, I have the blower already on a stock bottom end, wanted to see what I could get out of it before I drop a kings ransom for a DOB r spec.

The restriction is the inlet manifold between the TB and the Blower...which the R spec doesn't address.
Also looks like this is a whipple only setup....I guess you would be dumping the KB in this case. Sure is an expensive kit at $11500.00.

Last edited:

Fabman

Children Of The Corn
Reaction score
Here is where I found myself:
I run 10.2 as is, at full weight. I could easily add a bunch of power with a bigger KB (for a lot less than the DOB setup) which would put me deep into the 9's.
At that point my car would have to undergo a ton of safety upgrades and major cage work to be legal, which pretty much makes it useless to me on the street.
My TCI built 5r55s was taxed already and I would have to address a trans swap for something bigger/badder. It just wasn't worth it to me.
So I dropped the boost, installed a Tremec Magnum XL 6 speed and went road racing.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back