2008 Mustang GT/CS 'CheapSkate' Build

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
Decided to write up a thread for me to track my progress as I go but this will be slow progress so bear with me! So here we go..

I came into possession of the CS a couple years ago and for the longest time it sat stock and rarely used, it's been a hectic few years but finally everything is starting to align to where I have time and energy to actually enjoy the car. We are currently in the process of moving so finances are all directed that way but I have been determined to not let that stop me modifying and enjoying the car, thus Project 'CheapSkate' was born!

My goal for this build, which admittedly is not anywhere near as impressive as most on here, is a simple one.. Everything I add to the car or modify myself has to be either a trade, free or super cheap, this car is nearly a decade old so used parts and freebies are fair game!

Here's a couple pictures of how it sits right now..

Gm3FTCP.jpg

k1bzH41.jpg

Mh6UC5V.jpg

f0jtaIf.jpg

8ynCPEB.jpg

kYwJC3E.jpg

dIveMC7.jpg

CURRENT MODS:
- Eibach Pro Kit
- J&M Panhard
- K&N Drop-in Filter
- SCT Tuner
- Strut Brace
- Shifter Knob
- Painted Tail-lights
- Homemade Foglight Covers
- Tinted Indicators/Side Markers
- Blacked-out Third Brake Light
- Wheel Spacers (I can't afford rims lol!)
- MAC Axlebacks (Starting to rattle!)

FUTURE MODS WHEN I CAN FIND THEM:
- 3.73's
- UDP's
- Short Throw Shifter
- 2010+ Side Mirror Retrofit
- Sway Bars

I'm sure more will come but that's where I'm at! Loving the car now, it's a great stress relief on weekends to just get in and drive!

pviscA7.jpg

Last edited:

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good way to mod, good luck with the car!

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
^^^Very nice...it's like my Bullitt's "evil twin."^^^

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
Got an amazing deal on a no-tune intake from ponys197! Finally got it in and all buttoned up, obviously not gonna pick up much if any power but should sound nicer and hopefully aid driveability a little. Will find out later when I take it out for a spin!

HtEHSyJ.jpg

ponys197

forum member
Reaction score
Got an amazing deal on a no-tune intake from ponys197! Finally got it in and all buttoned up, obviously not gonna pick up much if any power but should sound nicer and hopefully aid driveability a little. Will find out later when I take it out for a spin!

HtEHSyJ.jpg

Looks good!!! Figured it was better use to you than sitting in my garage gathering dust!!

Marv

Reaction score
Very nice! I have a white 07 c/s with very few mods, I will be following this thread for sure.

X9wG0oN.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back