Yet another rear end noise problem

EdwardGT

forum member
Reaction score
My '08 makes this odd noise when turning right while in neutral. It's a weird womp-womp-womp sound. It goes away as soon as I straighten out or release the clutch and add power. No sound is there in gear while coasting.

Some background on the car is that has an Eaton TrueTrac which was installed over a year ago. The noise just seemed to start after the car was on jackstands for a couple of months.

Any ideas?
Edward

EdwardGT

forum member
Reaction score
Anybody? Going to throw in a bottle a friction modifier and see if that fixes it.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Anybody? Going to throw in a bottle a friction modifier and see if that fixes it.

Don't! a trutrack doesn't use clutches and friction modifier will only screw up the planetary gears.

If it was me I'd drain the fluid and replace with non-synthetic, non-friction modifier fluid per the Detroit Trutrac specs. AFAIK Valvoline is the only manufacturer of non synthetic non modifier fluid.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Don't! a trutrack doesn't use clutches and friction modifier will only screw up the planetary gears.

If it was me I'd drain the fluid and replace with non-synthetic, non-friction modifier fluid per the Detroit Trutrac specs. AFAIK Valvoline is the only manufacturer of non synthetic non modifier fluid.

This man knows

EdwardGT

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah. I have Lucas dino in there now. I'm just stumped at what could be causing the sound. It only started after the car was on jackstands for a few months.

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
What did you change while it was on stands? Did you go from stock LCA's to aftermarket or anything like that?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back