Help me find the correct parts to build my motor!

Rypper1

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Are you gonna build it yourself or have it done? When I built/stroked/turbo'd my 06 I bought parts from different places and had a local builder put it together. Big ass headache. I wound up having to redo the work myself because the pistons were wrong and the builder did not catch it. How a builder didn't catch it is amazing to me. Anyway, if I had to do it over again, I would contact one of the reputable builders (like L&M) and let them take care of everything.

Gh0stRep0rt

forum member
Reaction score
Talk to a reputable engine builder. Figure out a horsepower goal, then bump that number up. If you think 600HP will be what you want. Take that up a notch when building. 600 will be good for a year, then it will get boring. You don't want to be stuck building another engine in a year because you didn't anticipate for the power goal to grow.

Don't cheap out. When you figure a budget, estimate for about $75 dollars a horsepower.
Totally agree, he got a point...

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Heaten m90

forum member
Reaction score
I'd go with flat tops 11:1 & E85 but then again I've also never used a condom before.... yeah it's a short tuning window but life's short, spend it with a race car.... if it blows what's the most you'll be out 3 grand and a few weeks....

Gh0stRep0rt

forum member
Reaction score
I went with 8.9:1
Now my big decisions is even going single turbo from on3performance or going supercharged

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
guess his build is not urgent, he's not come back to post or be on the site in 5 days

Tducomb

Reaction score
Is the car stick or automatic?
The car is a stick

no budget or goal, just wanna make big power with the 4.6, I have several friends with 5.0's who constantly say the 4.6 is shit but I know it can make good power with the right mods

guess his build is not urgent, he's not come back to post or be on the site in 5 days
It's not too urgent, it's gonna be something that I do over time I just wanted to get the question out there so I can get lots of different ideas and opinions before I start ordering parts

Are you gonna build it yourself or have it done? When I built/stroked/turbo'd my 06 I bought parts from different places and had a local builder put it together. Big ass headache. I wound up having to redo the work myself because the pistons were wrong and the builder did not catch it. How a builder didn't catch it is amazing to me. Anyway, if I had to do it over again, I would contact one of the reputable builders (like L&M) and let them take care of everything.
I plan to do it myself

Well no shit.. everyone will have a different opinion and even say "i have seen it many time"
Shit, we dont even know if he just want to have a 1/4 mile beast cuz he might have another DD
We dont even know what his hp/tq target is.
You should give him a list of the right parts for his build since it seen you have a strong knowledge on building engine, cuz im just a regular guy who just know a few things or two.

What I want is to build a nasty street car that can handle itself on the strip. I want as much power as I can get without sacrificing the ability to drive it out in public comfortably

Last edited by a moderator:

Gh0stRep0rt

forum member
Reaction score
The car is a stick

no budget or goal, just wanna make big power with the 4.6, I have several friends with 5.0's who constantly say the 4.6 is shit but I know it can make good power with the right mods

It's not too urgent, it's gonna be something that I do over time I just wanted to get the question out there so I can get lots of different ideas and opinions before I start ordering parts

I plan to do it myself

What I want is to build a nasty street car that can handle itself on the strip. I want as much power as I can get without sacrificing the ability to drive it out in public comfortably
Is better if you buy a used block from someone. get it clean out and if you want go .20 over
buy a stroker kit 9.4:1
Better oil pump w pickup basket
New timming kit
Used the stock head, just get them clean and make them do a valve job on them
If the crank on the stroker is a 8 bolt crank, you will need a cobra flywheel
A clutch that can hold the power you are looking to make
3.73 gear
on3performance turbo kit
Fuel injectors
And with that you will be good on hp/tq
After that you will need suspensions/swaybars/tires lol

Marble

forum member
Reaction score

Amen!! That's my plan too..

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back