M90 on roids

sdleo29

forum member
Reaction score
Nice 60' !!!! , especially for a stick car !!sick time for 122 mph trap speed ... what suspension ... 6060 or stock 3650?

Last edited:

Heaten m90

forum member
Reaction score
Hard to say on the power increase, when I got my car dyno'Ed I drove it to the shop which was an hour away and it was 90 degrees that day. I mixed the nitro about 10 mins before the pass which really probably helped. When you mix Nitro there is an endothermic reaction which rapidly cools the fuel down to where it is cold to the touch. I also filled my expansion bottle with ice and had an ice bag sitting on top of the blower right up until I made the pass. I probably saw somewhere between 8-15 percent increase in power. Full roush suspension with GT Springs. Note the car is on a steady diet. I hit the rev limiter right before for the finish line, on 10.5 26's I could probably run quicker

46addict

Reaction score
I would guess you are making over 550whp which is a 22% increase with the nitro. With 26" tires you will hit the rev limiter sooner.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
One of the most entertaining threads in a while and from a relative newb. Awesome.

Heaten m90

forum member
Reaction score
My m90 kit just sold on Craigslist for 2500$ but I threw in my full roush exaust and heavy duty tensioner. Buying the turbski next week.... are we sure the stock block won't handel 12 pounds of boost??? Before my HR cams my m90 made 9 pounds and the car was fine and that's including the parastatic load of the supercharger..... I mean I know it would be running on barrowed time but it only needs to last threw this summer. Worst case scenario I loss my aluminum block

Heaten m90

forum member
Reaction score
Fuck it I'm going to run 12 pounds! From my research I've seen plenty of supercharged cars running 530-550 WHP. Thats effectively 600whp including the blower load. Not to mention the increased delta Temps with roots blowers. I'll be running E85 so there's less chance of detonation and if we keep RPM down to 6700-6800 I think 540-560 whp should be fine. I think blowers shock internals alot harder than a spooling turbo. Plus litos like a fuck'n rocket scientist. Outside of a fuel system failure I highly doubt it'll fly apart. But we're gonna find out

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
In my experience the ones that don't care never blow it. The ones that try to be safe scatter it.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

46addict

Reaction score
Fuck it I'm going to run 12 pounds! From my research I've seen plenty of supercharged cars running 530-550 WHP. Thats effectively 600whp including the blower load. Not to mention the increased delta Temps with roots blowers. I'll be running E85 so there's less chance of detonation and if we keep RPM down to 6700-6800 I think 540-560 whp should be fine. I think blowers shock internals alot harder than a spooling turbo. Plus litos like a fuck'n rocket scientist. Outside of a fuel system failure I highly doubt it'll fly apart. But we're gonna find out
If you trapped 122+ mph your block saw at least 550whp with that nitro fed M90. Not sure how many times you can repeat that but you've obviously done it at least once. Pay attention to torque numbers too.

Heaten m90

forum member
Reaction score
I had 9 pounds max with BBK shortys/off road x-pipes. when I switched to HR cams I saw 8pounds and with long tubes I saw 7 pounds max. all with the stock Balancer.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
You will see the weakness of the stock rods. It will window the block. It's not if but when.

I wish you luck but realize that the weak link will show. You have done everything to avoid detonation but the rods will fail.

I seriously don't want it to fail but I also feel compelled to post. Please, save the block (they are getting rare) and do a rods and pistons build.

Heaten m90

forum member
Reaction score
Ugh I wasn't going to show you guys this but I think it'll better explain why I'm in such a rush to make big numbers, up until a few days ago I considered my car an LS raping machine but on a heat soaked summer night I was put to shame. Note I did have traction control on it was like 88 degrees out and I was jamming the hell out of the car for like 10 minutes right before this pull. The m90 setup would do wonders in Antarctica but not on a hot summer night

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4gRCAXfjwAI

Last edited:

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hoosier A7's 18x305 20 PSI & pimp juice, launch at 5 grand and slip the clutch for about 5 feet
Litos E85 tune runs pretty rich, with the nitro its just about stoichiometric and that really sets it off under load. Nitro will stay in suspension for about 12 hours in e85 with a few cap fulls of Paint thinner after that it needs to be drained or ran dry.
Crossed the 1320 Mark hitting Rev limiter well over 7000 RPM
I was running open headers, only down side was the bad eye stinging/watering, ridiculous back firing/shooting flames
I did extensive testing of the nitro mixtures in my lawn mower I've had it all the way up to 80% nitro without issue, and that's with me having ground down the deck height and cylinder head to bump the CR & drilling out the jets in the carb and running the hottest plug in it could find.
There is significant power gains to be had running nitro, sometimes I throw a shot of jack Daniels in the mix to just to show the car I care.

Just to be clear, you made your pass at stoic on nitro mixed with E85 and a little paint thinner?

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
14.192 man your slow!

You called it right the first time Wes. The guy is a bullshitter.

He knows just enough to shit talk. Well except for making a run down the quarter at stoic, LOL.

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
And nitro for that matter....and the frigid fuel conditions on a fresh mix of nitro.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back