Spring Rates

Candy10

forum member
Reaction score
I see in the corner carver forum that guys are using this-or-that spring f/r combo (rates). Where can I find/buy springs at desired rates? Is it simply a search of all brands to find who has what I want?

Hope there isn't a post on this already, I tried searching.

BMR Tech 2

Kelly's Replacement Lackey
Reaction score
I see in the corner carver forum that guys are using this-or-that spring f/r combo (rates). Where can I find/buy springs at desired rates? Is it simply a search of all brands to find who has what I want?

Hope there isn't a post on this already, I tried searching.

What would you like to know :)?

Candy10

forum member
Reaction score
What would you like to know :)?

Looking for springs to go with Koni adjustables, Steeda heavy duty front bar, and the stock rear bar (maybe no bar?). I have No tires yet, but will be a square setup. Main track is Autoclub Roval in Fontana, CA with some auto-x here and there. I don't mind stiff, if that's what is fast.

BMR Tech 2

Kelly's Replacement Lackey
Reaction score
Looking for springs to go with Koni adjustables, Steeda heavy duty front bar, and the stock rear bar (maybe no bar?). I have No tires yet, but will be a square setup. Main track is Autoclub Roval in Fontana, CA with some auto-x here and there. I don't mind stiff, if that's what is fast.

Since you don't mainly focus on Auto-X I'd recommend our SP068.

It's hard to find a middle ground between Auto-x/Drag, however with a set of adjustable Koni's you'll be able to fine tune them for the strip, and then make the shocks a little more firm when you hit the Auto-x track to carve those corners.

Have you looked into our SB041 Front Sway Bar? Being 5 way adjustable it allows for a huge range of Rate adjust ability and is light weight to boot.

I always recommend a rear sway bar, I personally removed my stock one when I did LCA Relocation brackets, and you can really feel the difference on the top end with the swaying. Let alone on an Auto-x course where the body is going to have extra roll.

If you're looking at replacing the rear I'd recommend the SB042, It's fully adjustable and will allow you to change up the entire feel of the car when you transfer from the Track to Auto-x and vice versa.

If you'd like me to get a quote setup for you I'd be more than happy too, Just shoot me a PM and we can talk about it.

If you've got any further questions feel free to ask!

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
A 'square' tire setup, Koni adjustables, and the Autoclub Roval (part oval, part road course) tells me he's looking for cornering over straightline this time.

Using SP065 for a non-GT500 GT is the simple answer. 240 & 200 spring rates.

But if you're more serious about this and willing to perhaps do a little extra work, you might be able to adapt the slightly firmer SP072 GT500 handling kit. If that's still available, the rates are 260 & 220. The front will only drop by a little over half an inch, so you may end up shimming the rear up by about the same amount (not necessarily a bad thing). This kit is what's under my '08 GT, and Kelly may remember it.

With either of these BMR spring kits, you're likely to need more rear bar than you currently do with what I'm assuming are stock springs. Nearly all aftermarket spring kits are more front-biased than what Ford installs as OE, and the usual way to regain the car's original understeer/oversteer handling balance is to add a little more rear bar than what you'd be running with OE springs.

Norm

Last edited:

Candy10

forum member
Reaction score

It's hard to find a middle ground between Auto-x/Drag

If you'd like me to get a quote setup for you I'd be more than happy too, Just shoot me a PM and we can talk about it.

If you've got any further questions feel free to ask!

Going after a road course setup this time, but I'll be in touch when I decide on part numbers.

A 'square' tire setup, Koni adjustables, and the Autoclub Roval (part oval, part road course) tells me he's looking for cornering over straightline this time.

Using SP065 for a non-GT500 GT is the simple answer. 240 & 200 spring rates.

Norm

Correct and thank you. I'll take a look at that kit

tj@steeda

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Hello Candy,

Happy to put you in contact with one of our S197 aficionados to help with your set-up.

Here is a good video showing our before & after with the Steeda springs -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_snajrgC0g

I have an infographic I can share regarding our springs & rates - we can definitely get a set-up you can enjoy!

TJ

Candy10

forum member
Reaction score
Hello Candy,

Happy to put you in contact with one of our S197 aficionados to help with your set-up.

Here is a good video showing our before & after with the Steeda springs -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_snajrgC0g

I have an infographic I can share regarding our springs & rates - we can definitely get a set-up you can enjoy!

TJ

I'd appreciate that info TJ. Feel free to PM me if you don't want it public.

Thanks!

Chriss_302

Reaction score
Considering your spring rates, you will need to run a rear sway bar.
I will be testing out a 18mm rear sway bar vs a no rear sway in the next month or so with 350lb rear spring rates.

Koni yellows and H&R springs or the steeda springs are all good options.
I ran the P springs until I switched over to JRI coilovers.

Candy10

forum member
Reaction score
Considering your spring rates, you will need to run a rear sway bar.
I will be testing out a 18mm rear sway bar vs a no rear sway in the next month or so with 350lb rear spring rates.

Koni yellows and H&R springs or the steeda springs are all good options.
I ran the P springs until I switched over to JRI coilovers.

Thanks for the input. Im using K-springs now, with Tokico (shit) dampers. Dont think Ill go no bar out back, start with the stock one and change if need be.

I don't, and won't, have much testing time in the near future, so dialing it all in is gonna be a long process.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back