2007 Mustang GT Computer Code?

Xavier

Reaction score
Hey all, new dude here. I own a 2007 Mustang GT 5sp Manual. I was getting ready to order a Bama X4/SF4 Power Flash Tuner and went out to the car to get the Computer Code. I noticed that the Decal was gone and just to the bottom of it I saw that little black plaque Bama sends you with your name, customer name and member #. So it seems that the previous owner had gotten it tuned, when I purchased the car it was completely stock to the mufflers. So my question is... With the Decal gone, how else do i locate the computer code? If the previous owner tuned it how do I know if he flashed it back to stock? If I do get the computer code somehow will I have issues tuning the car if it was not flashed back to stock? Thanks for your guys' time and help a noob out! Thanks!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
A Xcal can read the strategy code.

Bama I think would have it as well if they keep decent records.

U can't really know if it was flashed to stock. There should be no issue flashing a new tune.

Last edited:

Carlos0698

Reaction score
Well. If it was tuned by Bama you could give them the name of the person that you bought the car from. If you want to buy a X4 tuner you can buy the one that them sells. If your car have a tune uploaded with the new SCT it will erease that tune and upload the one that you order from them. The strategy code is on a sticker on the PCM on the engine compartment.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well. If it was tuned by Bama you could give them the name of the person that you bought the car from. If you want to buy a X4 tuner you can buy the one that them sells. If your car have a tune uploaded with the new SCT it will erease that tune and upload the one that you order from them. The strategy code is on a sticker on the PCM on the engine compartment.

The sticker with code is missing. SMH - RIF

groundpounder

forum member
Reaction score
A Ford dealer should be able to pull the strategy code for you. Worse comes to worse, they could also reflash the PCM back to stock.

Xavier

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys, I was able to get the code by providing Bama with the 'Member number' and name of the previous owner. Already got the tune on my car, runs like a champ!!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back