Your thoughts on a tune

1BigDog

forum member
Reaction score
After a search I have found some answers but sometimes the threads went sideways so......I am currently running a Steeda 93 tune in my 2012 GT/CS. Only mods are a Steeda CAI and Roush axle backs. Tune feels conservative to me and I was looking up other tuners. Lito is one that I may look into but I was also looking at VMP or MPT as well. I am not looking to blow the motor up but I also feel that there is still some left in there that can be brought out with a better tune. So, to those who have experience with them, what are your thoughts on those three, Lito, VMP or MPT. :cheers:

46addict

Reaction score
Can't go wrong with any of the three you listed but I'm curious what makes you believe the tune is conservative? Is it low trap speeds or datalogs not looking like the way you want them to?

Last edited:

Brandon08GT

forum member
Reaction score
After a search I have found some answers but sometimes the threads went sideways so......I am currently running a Steeda 93 tune in my 2012 GT/CS. Only mods are a Steeda CAI and Roush axle backs. Tune feels conservative to me and I was looking up other tuners. Lito is one that I may look into but I was also looking at VMP or MPT as well. I am not looking to blow the motor up but I also feel that there is still some left in there that can be brought out with a better tune. So, to those who have experience with them, what are your thoughts on those three, Lito, VMP or MPT. :cheers:

From what I've heard, Lito doesnt do coyote motors. VMP is just down south from us so going to get a dyno tune would be the best for fine tuning and getting it right the first time. My current tune is from Shaun at AED and he does magic with the 4v. I was in California at the time and he dyno tuned mine. Awesome guy to work with for mail order. Can't go wrong with either.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Lito only does 3Vs ATM

Lund or VMP would be my suggestions

However - define how you come to say "tune feels conservative"?

Mr. Q

forum member
Reaction score
I like my lund tune.
As stated, lito no do Coyote.

....although, I have yet to hit a rev limiter in my car.....and I've gone as far as 7,500 lol.
I'm scared to go more even though it seems the car loves it. So that reminds me, I've gotta call Lund and ask what they set it to ahaha. Otherwise, I really like the tune

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

tj@steeda

Official Vendor
Reaction score
We write our tunes to be safe, reliable & powerful -- which we feel is a great trio. The tune is written in what we feel is the "comfort" zone with regards to an email tune.

Short drive down from Jacksonville - you can always get a custom Dyno tune at our Pompano Beach, FL location - guarantee you won't be disappointed!

TJ

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
VMP has treated me well. Remote tuning support is fantastic. I recommend their full blown tune if you go that route. The lesser costly tune is simply a canned overall tune similar to what you can get from Brenspeed, Steeda, and others. A canned tune is what it is. A remote tune requires you to be involved by doing datalogging which in the end helps you to also learn more as to what is happening in the tune and gets you the most from your personal engine setup, be it stock or whatever. Shawn @ AED was also mentioned and gets high ratings for remote tuning. Ken B at Palm Beach Dyno is another excellent source for Coyote Applications. Ken formerly worked for Lund who sought him out. Now he is back on his own. He was a local tuner in our area before he got the call to head south for warmer climates, more bikinis, and better opportunities.

94_cobra

forum member
Reaction score
Lito just about finished up my tune. Did an awesome job! Looks like he only does 3v as mentioned above, I didn't realize that

Last edited:

1BigDog

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. What I feel is missing is low end response. The car does have a 3:15 rear and I am sure that's part of the problem. And with the most basic of mods I can't see spending 400 plus on a dyno. So, is there really any substantial advantage from one companies email tune over another's? So, if you have a VMP tune in your 5.0 n/a motor what are your thoughts? If it's all similar then I'll just leave what I have.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score

Steeda is know to Tune conservatively. Lito will get you situated. With your current Mods, you might not feel much difference changing tunes

This is no intention on bashing Steeda. The tune safe and the cars run good and make power. I have known Dario and crew personally for many years. Great company. Nice that they are right around the corner from me also!

1BigDog

forum member
Reaction score
Not knocking the Steeda tune at all. It's a decent tune. Just looking to see if another tune would make any difference but it looks like I have my answer.

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. What I feel is missing is low end response. The car does have a 3:15 rear and I am sure that's part of the problem. And with the most basic of mods I can't see spending 400 plus on a dyno. So, is there really any substantial advantage from one companies email tune over another's? So, if you have a VMP tune in your 5.0 n/a motor what are your thoughts? If it's all similar then I'll just leave what I have.

I'm guessing by your 3.15 gears your in an automatic. Judging by my car, the thing felt sickly before an aftermarket converter. A different tune probably isn't going to help the car feel more lively, especially an auto with a factory converter imo. It's just sort of inevitable, having a very small engine that makes good power in the higher rev ranges to make strong low end power, without boost.

Circle-D converter, and a tune for it, and I'm betting you'll absolutely love your ride again. BTW, my car couldn't spin out off the line before the converter. After converter, I was scrambling for tires, wheel tire combinations to try to get traction.

I'm happy with Mike Rousch at mid-atlantic for tuning, but If Steeda does "remote" tuning, (going back and forth with email tunes and datalogs), I'd stick with them and add a converter in a split second. The only thing that could make me think twice about a converter is if you seen a positive displacement blower in your future. Even then it would still help, but wouldn't be nearly as mandated as on a NA 5.0

Last edited:

1BigDog

forum member
Reaction score
I'm guessing by your 3.15 gears your in an automatic. Judging by my car, the thing felt sickly before an aftermarket converter. A different tune probably isn't going to help the car feel more lively, especially an auto with a factory converter imo. It's just sort of inevitable, having a very small engine that makes good power in the higher rev ranges to make strong low end power, without boost.

Circle-D converter, and a tune for it, and I'm betting you'll absolutely love your ride again. BTW, my car couldn't spin out off the line before the converter. After converter, I was scrambling for tires, wheel tire combinations to try to get traction.

I'm happy with Mike Rousch at mid-atlantic for tuning, but If Steeda does "remote" tuning, (going back and forth with email tunes and datalogs), I'd stick with them and add a converter in a split second. The only thing that could make me think twice about a converter is if you seen a positive displacement blower in your future. Even then it would still help, but wouldn't be nearly as mandated as on a NA 5.0

Never thought of the converter but it makes sense. Something else to consider now...lol. And no, no boost planned anytime in the future. I plan on retiring next year.

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
If you wanna have some serious fun, get the Circle-D 5C and you'll be smiling ear to ear. A little expensive, but by far the best mod you can do for a NA, or centrifugally blown Coyote! It'll change the entire attitude of the car. Some will say it's a bit loose, but when commanded to lock-up it's the same as what you're experiencing now. So in other words, when light throttle and highway cruising, you'll be locked up and won't know the converter's there.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Seat of the pants feel is usually nothing more than the commanded torque table.

Changing the accelerator pedal feel by commanding more torque with less pedal will make the car feel faster but it won't make it any faster. It mostly makes the car harder to deal with in slippery conditions.

I'm thinking this is what you are concerned with, how much power it makes when compared to the pedal position.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back