2nd Introduction, this time WITH an S197

jarmll

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is technically my second introduction to this group! I joined back in 2014 hoping to pick up a Mustang with in the next year, unfortunately it didn't work out like that and just got one back in February.

The Mustang we got is NOT my dream car, but it is my wife's dream car, 2007 Mustang GT Convertible, Torch Red, Black top/interior, automatic, premium package with the nice shiny bullitt style wheels, leather and a Shaker 500 sound system. We bought the car back in February and we have put around 800 miles on it, 500 of which was a trip to Branson, MO and back home. The car only has 60k miles.

I have been on the fence about keeping the car, I really want a 2013-14 GT 5spd, but the wife isn't having it, so this is the car I find myself stuck with and I am currently trying to learn to love it.

Any recommendations? I would like a louder exhaust, something deep and rumbly, not raspy or crackly. I LOVE wider wheels/tires on the rear, and was thinking about getting the rear wheels widened, and the fattest tire I could fit put on, when I had SN95 cars I ALWAYS had 315/35-17s on my cars, I just love that look.

A CAI and tune looks to be fairly popular, and a new set of gears in the rear end would help it get up and out of it's own way, just not sure if 4.10s or 3.73s are better for an automatic car. I will probably never put a blower or turbo or juice on the car, I would rather swap in a Coyote.

Let me know your thoughts guys! Looking forward to learning!

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Welcome......again.

I wish you the best but my experience with having a car that "doesn't do it" for you is you end up not caring about it and not wanting to do much with it. Maybe keep/mod it nice the way the wife likes it and in a couple years you get one like you want. Then you will have his & hers Mustangs.

I ran FRPP Stingers on my '05 when I still had it. They sounded great with 99% no drone. If the car had 3.73 or 4.10 I would have never had drone. Car would only drone at 50-55 on one small hill in my area. I just hit it a little faster if I could to not have the drone.

Post up some pics too.

Last edited:

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Borla Touring with H-Pipe and 3.73's. The Touring series is louder than OEM, but keeps it mellow so it is more of a rumble under power. Most louder exhausts start introducing the rasp, or going X-pipe creates rasp.

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
WELCOME!

My suggestion is to get your own. Every mod you make will have to be approved at this rate.....and on a car you are not in love with.

Rm
Instagram: Probuildmustangs

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Depending on what kind of wife he has, he still might have to get approval. Lol!

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
As they said, mod it to her liking. Then get yourself something down the road. That's what we ended up doing. But then my wife is a bit of a gear head. It's lowered, has Borla Stingers, CAI (kinda), tune, and 18x9/18x10 FR500's. She's perfectly happy with it at this point. I have mine to make faster and keep me occupied.

jarmll

Reaction score
This car just sounds and feels so weak. I have listened to soooo many exhaust clips and NOTHING sounds great on these cars. the last Mustang I had was an 03 GT 2V, it had an O/R H and a Magnaflow chambered cat-back, I loved it, it was so deep and mellow.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Some guys say that a mid mount exhaust sounds deeper.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back