s/c vs turbo

46addict

Reaction score
Pretty much. Had me thinking of swapping to a turbo setup but they come with issues too. Just part of hot rodding.

The one benefit with Procharger (when comparing centris) is they are a blow though setup from the start. Whereas I see Paxton/Vortech guys swapping over to blow through as they add boost.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Your current mods and goals are at odds with wanting to run on a road course. You already have too much gear for road course (3.55 is usually best; 3.73 is pushing it, but it also depends on the course), and you'll have a lot of trouble keeping even a mild forced-induction setup's IATs down for more than a lap or two.

If you want a street car, I'd go with forced induction. If you're serious about corner carving, you might want to pick up a second "track rat" Mustang.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
That is the nice thing on DOB, belt swaps are still easy

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Alternator is above driver side head.

Passenger injectors are easy. Driver side is under the elbow and throttle body.

Can reach them by removing intake tube, 4 bolts from throttle body, 4 bolts from intake

Mustang dog

forum member
Reaction score
Myself, If 400 was my goal I would go NA.

I just happen to have a friend selling a really nice 400+hp NA 3v that has never been run for very reasonable money. Plug and play.

With my current mileage I need to refresh this engine, before I add FI. I would be very interested if the price of this was reasonable.
Shoot me a PM

Mustang dog

forum member
Reaction score
"If you are want a "fun" car to track a few times a year.. boost the 3v with a inter-cooled system. Mid 400 hp would be fun. With your 3.90 gears go with supercharger."

This is what my intentions are, I'll add the inter-cooler as this seems to be the consensus, on this forum.

Thanks for all the advice, and taking the time to reply.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
With my current mileage I need to refresh this engine, before I add FI. I would be very interested if the price of this was reasonable.
Shoot me a PM

Shortblock with ALL the good stuff built by Holebrook - $3750

L&M Race Port heads $2000

L&M custom grind cams $600

Motor was designed to be set up at 11:1 and run up to 7500rpm's. It will make 425 easy.

It's a smokin deal.

1sloGT

forum member
Reaction score
I'm thinking in reference to the $2,000 race port L&M heads, if it's a hogged out stock head or an aftermarket head ported out.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I'm thinking in reference to the $2,000 race port L&M heads, if it's a hogged out stock head or an aftermarket head ported out.

Gotcha, IDK what I was thinking, deeeeeeerrrrrrrrr.

That 425hp will only happen with the ported heads and cams.

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
Jason would the short block work well for a dob kit? What's the max power with a tvs on 94 with the higher compression?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mustang dog

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies, I think I'll rebuild my motor, and go centri.

It seems to be the Gc here, and it makes the most sense

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back