Blow thru setup

gavin.biegler

forum member
Reaction score
So thinking of going blow thru on my paxton setup, looking for suggestions on bov or bypass valve, I looked at Tials today and they are spendy!

Attachments

• IMG_20170718_203754028.jpg
    IMG_20170718_203754028.jpg
    536.4 KB · Views: 17

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
Tial is a good BV, have one on my Blow Through setup for the last few years. Don't even think about being a part of the system, best buy parts are the ones you can forget about.

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
I ran a Tial 50mm on my F1A set up. Never had an issue with it. It's a tad on the loud side though. And if you look up the Procharger Big Red BOV you'll see the Tial isn't that bad.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

46addict

Reaction score
S&H has BOVs for half the cost of a Tial. They can setup a lighter spring for centri blower setups like yours. Would be something to consider if you're on a budget.

gavin.biegler

forum member
Reaction score
yes i contacted him on the BOV, i have another question now. does anyone have any pictures of where you mounted your maf flange?

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
evCloC8.jpg

DRWhT1K.jpg

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You will want the maf post intercooler. Absolute best place I have found is right at the exit. The long shot through the core and all the plates/fins act like an air straightener for a very clean signal. Next best option is in a straight shot pipe headed up towards the throttle body. You want to keep it away from bends to keep the signal clean.

Last edited:

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
I actually got my Red Race BOV off an ebay seller. Condition was listed as "new" and it came wrapped in bubble wrap in a blank brown box inside of a USPS box. Think I paid $120 for it which was theft on my part. It's a 50mm 360* blow off, and it's certainly loud. I've seen the red race bypass valves that are directional blow off with a hose attached about 2' and an appropriate sized filter on the other end to muffle the blow off. If noise is an issue, I wouldn't go with any 360* blow off as they are likely all loud.

As with most car parts, you tend to get what you pay for. A crap BOV could damage your motor/blower/piping if it isn't responsive or set properly, even leak by while under boost leaving you scratching your head looking for a leaky pipe coupling. Stick with what's proven, IMO.

jas2234

forum member
Reaction score
I run a s&h bov and love it on my d1sc. Just stay away from barrier on the highway as it is loud as hell. But I wouldn't change it for anything. Great price and I always get complements on how my car sounds.

gavin.biegler

forum member
Reaction score

i saw this when i was reading through your thread beforehand, this is my backup plan right now, if i need to use this location i will have to modify my intercooler to fit a flange and hopefully there'll be enough play in piping to still connect, also not sure if my stock maf with mafia will be sufficient.

how is your maf signal there? this is the location i'm trying first, what maf are you using? i'll be trying my stock maf with MAFia. going to place it higher than the pic shows also trying this stuff out from treadstone, anyone use it before?
http://i.imgur.com/NKc0EqW.jpg
http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/product.phtml?p=68172

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back