forged .20 over pistons

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
what are my options for a set of forged .20 over pistons with say a 9.1-9.3 cr? I am looking for a piston ring package if possible.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You mean .020? Do you need an overbore? Diamond or CP is my reccomendation, but almost all of the aftermarket piston companies offer pistons with a 3.572 or 3.582 bore.(.02 or.03 over bore sizes).

Last edited:

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
I found the cp ones but the dont have a ring package. ya it needs to be bored for sure, but do you think .020 will be to much with it already being stroker?

Chrome61

forum member
Reaction score
If you think about it and I'm sure there are other folks that will think what I'm about to say is common knowledge but a .020 over is just .010 per side, about three hairs.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you think about it and I'm sure there are other folks that will think what I'm about to say is common knowledge but a .020 over is just .010 per side, about three hairs.

Whats your point? The damn piston is round it doesn have sides lol.
Its .010 all the way around which increases the diameter(bore) .020.

An overbore's purpose is not to get more displacement, its so you can clean up the cylinder walls if needed, thus needing a slightly larger overbore piston.

Even on a stroker setup were only talking like 3-4 more cubes going from a standard bore to .020 over.

Last edited:

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
I just want this thing to hold up this time. On the bright side I am looking to bump the compression up at least a half a point.

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
Whats your point? The damn piston is round it doesn have sides lol.
Its .010 all the way around which increases the diameter(bore) .020.

An overbore's purpose is not to get more displacement, its so you can clean up the cylinder walls if needed, thus needing a slightly larger overbore piston.

Even on a stroker setup were only talking like 3-4 more cubes going from a standard bore to .020 over.
yeah. a .020 takes you from a 281 to a 283...dont get carried away with all that extra displacement! lolol

Chrome61

forum member
Reaction score
Hi Lightblade, That was my point...Not alot of material being lost. Sorry if it came out wrong.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
You may want to clarify that you're needing these for a 3.8" stroke. Going to be a different piston.

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
I have a b302 from brenspeed. I think I am going to use my oem block and have it honed cause it looks like its going to be hard enough to find the pistons in standard bore for the compression I want. Ya it has 3.800" stroke so I think the compression height has to 1.18 which doesn't leave to many options.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have a b302 from brenspeed. I think I am going to use my oem block and have it honed cause it looks like its going to be hard enough to find the pistons in standard bore for the compression I want. Ya it has 3.800" stroke so I think the compression height has to 1.18 which doesn't leave to many options.

Yeap different ball game, who makes brenspeeds stroker internals? You could call them or brenspeed to see what they reccomed for an overbore piston specs for that stroker setup. Or call any of those piston companies and they can help you.

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
the are all saleen componets made buy kellog manley and cp the only thing brenspeed has and carries are the 8.5 standards I would like a 9.3 standard. but the 3.800 stroke is making it hard to find plus everyone has saleen part numbers for the cp pistons and cp cant cross refernce them so its making it hard.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That sucks, I know diamond makes custom pistons to order as well, wouldnt hurt to see what they can do for that stroke. good luck!

Rypper1

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I used Manley 594520C-8 pistons in my build. Link. They have 14cc dishes, making a 9.1:1 CR.

Those will not work for the OP, they have a compression height of 1.22 same as stock. He needs a compression height of 1.18".

Actually I am not sure how Brenspeed is getting 8.5 CR out of the 06-1603-B17343 CP piston. It comes out to ~9.4 with the stock heads and the 3.800 crank. Maybe they dished the piston out some more. Or they used a different piston.
OP do you know what the part number of the piston they used in their build is? It would have to be about a 26 cc dish to make it 8.5 CR.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back