forged .20 over pistons

Carbuff91

forum member
Reaction score
I'm going to resurrect this from the grave and see if anybody ever found pistons for the saleen kit that were .020 over and would work with the 3.8 crank to give the right compression height or just use a thicker head gasket to achieve it. I'm in the same boat right now and really don't want to get rid of the kit.
Thanks!

drive_55_not

forum member
Reaction score
I'm going to resurrect this from the grave and see if anybody ever found pistons for the saleen kit that were .020 over and would work with the 3.8 crank to give the right compression height or just use a thicker head gasket to achieve it. I'm in the same boat right now and really don't want to get rid of the kit.
Thanks!

There's more going on with the piston to get the correct compression height to keep it from popping out above the deck and smashing valves.

You can call CP, Diamond or any other piston maker and get the right piston for the 3.8" stroke crank.

Carbuff91

forum member
Reaction score
thanks! I've emailed ModMax and have a call in with CP. I may just have to get a little thicker Cometic head gasket to make it all work. Fingers crossed.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back