What did YOU just order? (Reading Comprehension Test)

mpf

forum member
Reaction score
Just ordered a PC, and some of the lake country hydrotek pads, 4 diff. ones.
Then some megs 205 and some blackfire sealant.
3 diff. retailers, spreading it around a bit. All the hardware is from learning right here.
Going to use the PC/coarse pad/m205 on a old, but decent stepside Ranger I just got.
Blackfire for the Mustang. Not sure about a power tool on a new car, prob. just hand applied stuff for a few years.

Cooter

forum member
Reaction score
Thats true. You'd pretty much have to drop a PC on a car to do any damage. Once you use it, you'll wonder how you ever detailed your car without it. It can really bring your finish to a whole new level.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I'd say the only way you could hurt a car with a PC (other than hitting it with it) would be with M105. An idiot could overuse that stuff enough to burn through his clear, IMO. That's why I always warn people when I recommend it. It is pretty damn abrasive, and there are some real idiots out there that might try to "over polish" with it.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I'd say the only way you could hurt a car with a PC (other than hitting it with it) would be with M105. An idiot could overuse that stuff enough to burn through his clear, IMO. That's why I always warn people when I recommend it. It is pretty damn abrasive, and there are some real idiots out there that might try to "over polish" with it.

Even with 105 on a Orange pad I don't think you could burn through the clearcoat by sitting on one spot. Maybe with a Yellow pad but I don't know, probably just mar the shit out of it.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Pkgcopy.jpg

Flexcopy.jpg

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I wish I would have went with smaller pads on mine. I'm using all 6.5" pads, but I may get a backing plate and go to smaller pads in the future. Faster work IMO

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score

I assume you mean you want details as to what I'm talking about??

Smaller pads usually work faster than larger pads on a DA buffer due to increased motion. You work in a smaller area at a time, but it does the area you're working faster. Lots of detailers swear that they can do the same job in less time using a DA with smaller pads.

However, on a rotary, it's opposite. Since a rotary is spinning, the larger pads have more speed at the edge, thus, more work can be done quicker with a larger pad using a rotary.

LegendLives

Reaction score
I ordered this from Autogeeks, comes w/ everything you see here...

autogeek_2151_17245119

I also ordered a white, gray and blue 5.5" pads

6inchccswhite.jpg

gray-5inch-ccs110.jpg

blue-5inch-ccs110.jpg

I got this from them in a free sample size also.
autogeek_2149_37627202

Suppose to arrive tomorrow, cant wait!!!

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Thanks DKS,
This is a first for me, so tomorrow I guess I will be breaking the polishing/buffing cherry.

Don't worry, daddy's got ya. Nice and easy. . . . That's right Daddy's got ya. . . . . . This won't hurt a bit. . . . . . . . Just a little bit more. . . . . . Relax, it's just like we practiced. . . . . . . . . Don't tense up. . . . . . . Slow down a little. . . . . oh . . . wait. . . .Wait!!! . . . . . WAIT!!!!!!!! Damn it!!!!!! . . . . . . Good for you?

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Bit the bullet... ordered another jar of Zymol Concours.

Trying to convince the wife to let me get Vintage though :(

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
On a PC7424??

Yeah, They say with 4" pads they do faster work than with 6" pads.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46836

^^^ one discussion about the size of pads. Real info at post #6 in case anyone is wondering what I'm talking about.

4" might be a little too small, but I may at least go down to 5" next time for when I need to do some serious correction. Course, I'll still use my 6.5" pads for my car, since it's not probably going to need the extra power of the smaller pads.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back