Post your garage

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Nice resto on the drill Doug! I looked at the EZlift. Didn't even know that existed. Definitely some real pros and cons between that one and the BL5000. Now you've got me thinking lol. I may let my choice simmer a while. If there is anything else similar to that and the BL5000 I would definitely like to see it as well.

bradleyem

forum member
Reaction score
If you don't have room for a full size lift, look into the MaxJax. It's a movable 2 post lift. Much better than scissor lifts that block access underneath the car from the sides. And it just folds up and moves out of the way when you aren't using it.

http://www.maxjaxusa.com

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Several people on here have them. The only thing movable are the towers, the floor plates stay bolted in place.

ILW84U

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Here is a picture of my shop. Moved here about a year ago & wish I had done it sooner. I have 2 other garages for parking.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Shop.jpg
    Shop.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 297
  • Shelby Lift (Medium).JPG
    Shelby Lift (Medium).JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Nothing special here

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420142096.632617.jpg

And here is the side nook

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420141962.761832.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420141990.366808.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420142005.050349.jpg

I plan on putting a peg board up to hang stuff on, and not much else. Those moveable post lifts are awesome but I only have 6' of clearance with the garage motor.

Last edited:

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
If you don't have room for a full size lift, look into the MaxJax. It's a movable 2 post lift. Much better than scissor lifts that block access underneath the car from the sides. And it just folds up and moves out of the way when you aren't using it.

http://www.maxjaxusa.com

I REALLY like the MaxJax. Problem is I just don't have the room to put those posts out of the way when I'm not using it. I like how the BL5000 is so low it can just stay under one of the cars in the garage.

I dragged out the jack and stands over the weekend to do a little maint on the Challenger. Not quite sure if it was quite the pain in the ass to spend 1200 bucks on a lift right now. Even with the BL5000 you gotta drag out the hydraulic unit, connect the lines, run power etc. The time involved vs a jack and stands is almost a wash. I'm going to hold off a while and think about it some more.

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
I REALLY like the MaxJax. Problem is I just don't have the room to put those posts out of the way when I'm not using it. I like how the BL5000 is so low it can just stay under one of the cars in the garage.

I dragged out the jack and stands over the weekend to do a little maint on the Challenger. Not quite sure if it was quite the pain in the ass to spend 1200 bucks on a lift right now. Even with the BL5000 you gotta drag out the hydraulic unit, connect the lines, run power etc. The time involved vs a jack and stands is almost a wash. I'm going to hold off a while and think about it some more.

Unless you are doing a lot of wrenching on multiple cars, I didn't see the use value either. Want was high, but true need was low. I have considered a 4 post for a lot of years now. In the "off-season" I can store the car and the air and still get use underneath it. When in season I can use the top for storage of my other toys and park the car below it. All while having the ability to do service work as a secondary plus and not just the only purpose. Makes it easier to justify. Still... they take up a lot of room.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
That's the opener I have in the picture I posted earlier. Along with a door highlift Kit so the door rolls up closer to the ceiling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pictures?

I never even considered that. If I could put a four post lift in my garage, I would be so happy so I don't have to keep storing one at the shop. The only issue is its 119" tall, and I need the overall width smaller than 110-120" (to accommodate the parking spot next to it) and I'm not sure what clearances I'd be working with without the high rise door and then the side mounted garage opener.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back