Post your garage

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
From roughly calculating it, I think I can make this work. I just need to get the door reconfigured.

The lift I've come across is the BendPak HD-7P. The width is right under 100" which allows for a car to park next to it inside the garage too.

mustang1200

Badass
Reaction score
From roughly calculating it, I think I can make this work. I just need to get the door reconfigured.

The lift I've come across is the BendPak HD-7P. The width is right under 100" which allows for a car to park next to it inside the garage too.

Take in account the ramp height as well. If one of my cars hadn't been lowered it wouldn't have worked for me. The atlas I have is very nice and much cheaper than the bendpak. If I had a shop and it saw heavy use I probably would have bought a bendpak. Since I've put the 4eye up there isn't hasn't been down since. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WARstang

forum member
Reaction score
How did you get it on the locks being that close to the ceiling?

mustang1200

Badass
Reaction score
How did you get it on the locks being that close to the ceiling?

The locks are adjustable. So raise it to the ceiling then drop it down 1 inch on the locks. That leaves 4 inches below the ramps and the roof of the blue car. Works well. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Take in account the ramp height as well.

Good point. I'd just air out my GT500 if I really wanted to get it low enough Lol

Runway height is 4.5"

Both cars are 55" or less since they are both lowered.

Roof height is 119"

55" + 4.5" + 55" = 114.5", so roughly a 4.5"~+ window is left behind. I think the garage sliders will be enough out of the way and clear the side of the car and then the florescent lights will be mounted over the front hood and above the rear trunk.

mustang1200

Badass
Reaction score
Good point. I'd just air out my GT500 if I really wanted to get it low enough Lol

Runway height is 4.5"

Both cars are 55" or less since they are both lowered.

Roof height is 119"

55" + 4.5" + 55" = 114.5", so roughly a 4.5"~+ window is left behind. I think the garage sliders will be enough out of the way and clear the side of the car and then the florescent lights will be mounted over the front hood and above the rear trunk.

That's basically how my math went. You actually end up with more clearance because the 4 post lift is missing the middle between the ramps. The roof of your mustang (like mine) is crowned and I measured the car at the tallest point. I expected to have 2" of clearance and ended up with 4" to 6" of clearance. I did add drip trays.

I bought my lift used from a local speed shop. They never used it and wanted it out of the way. I paid $1400 for it (had to move it myself) and $1000 for the garage door motor, spring and installation.

Backroad_Beast

2007 Torch Red GT
Reaction score
My shop is a work in process. Just a tad over 1000sq ft. with 2 small bays and a 3rd shop bay with a 14ft door and a work space in the back. Still need to finish up the big bench witch will go in the back corner and be a gunsmithing area. The shop is all wired up now and lit up like a Dr's office, but still waiting on heat and air.

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Awesome garage!

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
My shop is a work in process. Just a tad over 1000sq ft. with 2 small bays and a 3rd shop bay with a 14ft door and a work space in the back. Still need to finish up the big bench witch will go in the back corner and be a gunsmithing area. The shop is all wired up now and lit up like a Dr's office, but still waiting on heat and air.

Nice space man.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back