How to: TCS Auto-Off Relay

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
I routinely turn mine off when I get in the car except when there's rain or snow. I'd much prefer to only turn it on when I want it, instead of having to remember to turn it off.

I can't tell you how many times I've left it on at the starting line when I'm racing. When there's long staging lines and I'm leaving my car off while waiting. I've left it on several times and it always PISSES me off that I forgot and wasted a run.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
^ this

seems silly and a waste of $ to hard mod it, when a simple tune can have it set to automatically always be off.

$?...... It's $5 relay.....don't do it if you can't afford it....J/K

I prefer the option of turning it back on if I want without having to change tunes, seems silly to me not to do it this way...but that's just my opinion.

With that said.....I've never once turned it back on in the 3+ years I've had the relay in there because I never remember I have that option....:crazy:

slowlyrolling

Shifting
Reaction score
The TCS in a mustang is more dangerous than safe IMO. Say you're going around a corner, wet conditions, somehow your tires spin, TCS activates, cuts power, but the car is sideways, TCS shuts off, your car is now going in the direction where it was when the power was ceased to the rear wheels. Much easier to maneuver the car when you're in FULL control.

Just my experience.

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
$?...... It's $5 relay.....don't do it if you can't afford it....J/K

I prefer the option of turning it back on if I want without having to change tunes, seems silly to me not to do it this way...but that's just my opinion.

With that said.....I've never once turned it back on in the 3+ years I've had the relay in there because I never remember I have that option....:crazy:

if the tune auto turns it off, you just have to push the button to turn it on instead.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
why would you want it turned on ? this car is uselees in snow and ice anyway so whats the need ?i just turned mine off in the tune as well.

I drive mine in the snow and ice, but I still leave the TCS off. Its pretty goddamn useless. I do like the option to turn it back on if I need to though, for whatever reason. I let a friend of mine drive my car a while back on a road trip, and I turned the TCS on while she was driving so it didn't accidentally get squirrelly on her.

if the tune auto turns it off, you just have to push the button to turn it on instead.

Thats contrary to everything I have ever heard about disabling it via tune.

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
I drive mine in the snow and ice, but I still leave the TCS off. Its pretty goddamn useless. I do like the option to turn it back on if I need to though, for whatever reason. I let a friend of mine drive my car a while back on a road trip, and I turned the TCS on while she was driving so it didn't accidentally get squirrelly on her.

Thats contrary to everything I have ever heard about disabling it via tune.

my tuner at the time was able to have it automatically set to off so all you had to do was push it for it to be on. maybe everyone just has it 100% disabled from the ecu not sure cant speak for them

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score

Not true, turning it off in the tune means it is off until you turn it back on via the tune. Disabling it in the tune makes the TCS switch non functional.

my tuner at the time was able to have it automatically set to off so all you had to do was push it for it to be on. maybe everyone just has it 100% disabled from the ecu not sure cant speak for them

I'd love to know how he did it, would be the only one I have heard of working this way. Was it SCT?

Last edited:

DILYSI Dave

forum member
Reaction score
The TCS in a mustang is more dangerous than safe IMO. Say you're going around a corner, wet conditions, somehow your tires spin, TCS activates, cuts power, but the car is sideways, TCS shuts off, your car is now going in the direction where it was when the power was ceased to the rear wheels. Much easier to maneuver the car when you're in FULL control.

Just my experience.

I'm pretty sure that the TCS in the mustang doesn't touch engine throttle, but only uses the brakes to keep things headed in the right direction. Not saying you can't spin the car with the TCS on, but I've been generally impressed with how unintrusive it is.

dugstang

forum member
Reaction score
Going to do this project this weekend when im installing my AF gauge. Nice write up

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but it is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the write up AnotherS197GT. Good Job.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back