'60 F250 & F100 Build.

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
A small mild stone last night. I now have a rolling chassis. Got the rear end bolted on and it came off the lift and rolled on it's own for the first time with the new suspension. Last step will be getting the rear shocks cross member mount put in. Then it's time to pull in the donor truck and pull a motor out.

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Trying to get this rear cross member put in. Does look like the shocks they sent me are long enough. They are fully extended in this photo and you can see that they won't reach their mounting location.

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Also did a photoshop to see how the truck would sit as of now.

And no I'm not keeping the paint like this.

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Got the motor pulled out of the donor truck this Saturday. We just sat it in '60 frame to see where things hit. The motor mounts they sent me don't seem to be the right ones so I have to figure that out. Also it needs a different oil pan with a rear sump.

Also finished our big steel table.

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
So I got the motor brackets made and tacked in enough to hold the motor. Now it's time to drop the cab back on and see what is going to hit.

I took some cardboard and made me a template then transferred it over.

Brought the cab back in and ordered some cab/frame mounts and radiator support mounts also today.

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Dropped the cab back on yesterday to do a test fit. The trans is hitting the bottom of the cab so there will have to be a little bit of cutting. Was really cool to see the cab back on the frame though.

cop on my back

forum member
Reaction score
Yea, I am enjoying this build as well. I always check for updates. I can do a lot of things but hats off to your level of skill and balls to go for a big project like this.

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Here is a few pics I took the other night when I was down in the shop. I need to get back on this before my little one gets here.

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Some of you may no know that I had a little baby girl the other week so this project got put on hold for a little bit.

Ava Lee Garrett born on July 5

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back