'14 GT Automatic - drag racing results from a few simple mods

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
Headers really isn't bad. Get the harbor freight engine support bar, drop the k member, and you have all the access in the world. Hell, maybe I'll do it for some extra coin lol.
Did you drop your K-member out just for the header installation, or did you swap K-members as well?

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Headers really isn't bad. Get the harbor freight engine support bar, drop the k member, and you have all the access in the world. Hell, maybe I'll do it for some extra coin lol.

Is it sad that I'd just have our shop do the work for me instead of me doing it myself? Once upon a time, I pulled my own engines, rebuilt them, did mods, etc. Now, I just don't have the time and our shop can knock these kind of things out quickly while I'm at work. If they don't want to do this job for me, I'll look you up, though!

CoreGT

forum member
Reaction score
Did you drop your K-member out just for the header installation, or did you swap K-members as well?

Just for headers. dropping the K takes about 30 minutes or so. Saves hours of misery trying to deal with headers while it's in the way.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
If you don't want the car to be any quicker then why consider adding more power with headers?

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
If you don't want the car to be any quicker then why consider adding more power with headers?

Car runs in the high 11.50's in decent air, and slows down to 11.70's in the heat of the summer. I'd like the car to run 11.50's even when the DA rises. I can always let off when we get great/low DA so that I don't go below 11.50.

Also, with a little more power I could go back to running my stock 18x8 wheels with drag radials instead of the big/little setup I run at the track now (17x4.5 and 15x10's). I love the sleeper look and running mid 11's on stock wheels is certainly an unexpected sight for many people.

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
Car runs in the high 11.50's in decent air, and slows down to 11.70's in the heat of the summer. I'd like the car to run 11.50's even when the DA rises. I can always let off when we get great/low DA so that I don't go below 11.50.

Also, with a little more power I could go back to running my stock 18x8 wheels with drag radials instead of the big/little setup I run at the track now (17x4.5 and 15x10's). I love the sleeper look and running mid 11's on stock wheels is certainly an unexpected sight for many people.

That would be cool, just make the trailered folk feel that much more foolish, hahaha!

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
That would be cool, just make the trailered folk feel that much more foolish, hahaha!

There is something magical about beating trailered racecars with a daily driver that appears to be stock. Even with the big & little wheels/tires, I get plenty of people who approach me in the pits & staging lanes wanting to know how my car performs so well & so consistent.

I raced at Pacific Raceways tonight and even the announcer commented on how consistent my car runs as I pulled up to the line! I made 6 passes tonight: 11.60, 11.61, 11.62, 11.62, 11.63, and an 11.67. The 11.67 pass was after an hour shutdown from someone oiling the track, so the car was too cold and spun a bit (terrible 1.72 sixty foot instead of my normal 1.59 to 1.63).

I got beat pretty bad by a C7 Corvette Z06 tonight. It was one of my 11.62 runs (at 116 mph) and he ran a 10.61 @ 130, so he had me by a full second!

kingcobra323

Reaction score
There is something magical about beating trailered racecars with a daily driver that appears to be stock. Even with the big & little wheels/tires, I get plenty of people who approach me in the pits & staging lanes wanting to know how my car performs so well & so consistent.

I raced at Pacific Raceways tonight and even the announcer commented on how consistent my car runs as I pulled up to the line! I made 6 passes tonight: 11.60, 11.61, 11.62, 11.62, 11.63, and an 11.67. The 11.67 pass was after an hour shutdown from someone oiling the track, so the car was too cold and spun a bit (terrible 1.72 sixty foot instead of my normal 1.59 to 1.63).

I got beat pretty bad by a C7 Corvette Z06 tonight. It was one of my 11.62 runs (at 116 mph) and he ran a 10.61 @ 130, so he had me by a full second!
It's so much fun to win especially when they ask what blower you running. I always chuckle and say I've got a stock mani, headers, intake and converter. And they are blown away. Na coyote FTW

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

CoreGT

forum member
Reaction score
Man, the only people that approach me after a run are the tech officials telling me "do it again and you're out". :yaoface:

I drive 50+ miles to the track!

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Man, the only people that approach me after a run are the tech officials telling me "do it again and you're out". :yaoface:

I drive 50+ miles to the track!

Ha Ha! Good one!

All kidding aside, you should see how nice the 6 pt rollbar turned out in my friend, Bob's, white '12 Procharged Mustang GT automatic. Turbo Technology in Tacoma did it and it is super nice and well placed in the car.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Can't quite get daylight under the front tires! But, look at how well the factory suspension works with a 6R80...

[URL=http://s294.photobucket.com/user/FiveOhB/media/2016%20Drag%20Racing/may1816%20pacific%20launch_zpsbnyub5di.jpg.html]
may1816%20pacific%20launch_zpsbnyub5di.jpg
[/URL]

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I too hope to have some good pics of my car at the track. No telling what its gonna do but if it doesnt run high 10's low 11's im gonna cry.

CoreGT

forum member
Reaction score
Ha Ha! Good one!

All kidding aside, you should see how nice the 6 pt rollbar turned out in my friend, Bob's, white '12 Procharged Mustang GT automatic. Turbo Technology in Tacoma did it and it is super nice and well placed in the car.

Pretty sure I need an 8-10 point unfortunately, but I did see his setup last year and it looked nice.

Once you get under 9.99 at Pacific they want everything, including the NHRA license to go that quick lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back