4.0 to 4.6 stroker swap

2005Redfire6

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have been in the process of a motor swap from my Vortech supercharger 4.0 to a Livernois 298 stroker motor over the past 2 months. I received the motor from Mike aka TexasBlownV8 who has been a huge help in the process. Thanks Mike! I am finally done as of this weekend so I thought I would make a thread with pictures to share my experience! It is running now on a baseline/startup tune from Bob Kurgan but it will be dyno tuned hopefully next week, it is idling a little high (850-900).

New build specs:

-Livernois 298 short block
-Stock heads
-Comp 127500 cams
-Comp steel retainers
-Comp 26125 springs
-CMDPs
-39lb Injectors
-FPDM wiring upgrade
-A/C Delete
-BBK Long tubes
-BBK O/R X-Pipe
-Stock ported/polished TB
-JLT Series 3 CAI
-McLeod RST

4.0 coming out

Did some engine bay hole closing/clean up while it was wide open

Prepping for paint

And the new motor goes in, didn't get any pictures of it actually going in we were too busy wrestling it.

You can see the freshly painted bay right behind the driver headlight, will have to get better pictures.

And she is all done! Don't mind the rats nest in the driver corner, I need to pull all that stuff through and out of the firewall.

A little video of it running, that is dumping straight out of the mid pipe. Taking it Wednesday to have the rest of the exhaust setup.

Anyone know how to embed it on the page? It is always hit or miss for me and I have tried it a few different ways.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moAX0p4fJ44

it's the part after the "=" moAX0p4fJ44

Last edited by a moderator:

svtadam27

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats! Curious to see what it makes. I know we live around each other, maybe a friendly run should be in order.

jeffrodamas

Reaction score
That looks great! Are the crossmembers the same between the 4.0 and 4.6?

Ramon

Reaction score
Did the v6 wire plug in with no proplem to the gt ecu and the motor or did you used a diffrent wire hartness

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Did the v6 wire plug in with no proplem to the gt ecu and the motor or did you used a diffrent wire hartness

Which connector(s) are you asking about?
- the center BEC connector plugs into the existing harness connector in the car, no changes needed for that
- the other connectors from the engine harness (C110 and the BEC connector) should plug into the C110 and BEC just the same. However, this is where it is important to get the 4.6 engine harness that is the same year model and transmission type as your current car.

In a few swaps I have done, the C110 power connector had to be swapped from/to the different connector design, but that was because the harness was not the exact year model; for example, the '05 harnesses have a square connector, while '06 and later have a rectangular connector. If you have a '05 with a '06 engine harness, you can take the square connector from your V6 harness and splice it into the '06 harness. This is just an example of one of the few simple "splicing conversions" that can be done to make a harness fit from/with a different year model. But in general, if possible, stick to the same year models and you'll have no issues.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back