Play time is over you M'Fers.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes they do. I am having the windows put in the same time as the headers / motor plate. You can see the flange a little better in this pic:

c51aa9ae-365f-4f24-b4c4-f05049499ebd.jpg~original

Smalls5oh

forum member
Reaction score
Yes they do. I am having the windows put in the same time as the headers / motor plate. You can see the flange a little better in this pic:

c51aa9ae-365f-4f24-b4c4-f05049499ebd.jpg~original

Damn. I was hoping you were going to keep a roll up window in there. I want the doors bad, but don't know if I can give up rolling down the windows. I cruise occasionally, and it gets hot as f* in the summer here.

The search continues. lol.

Nice build btw.

Smalls5oh

forum member
Reaction score
You can install everything factory in that door -- if you wanted to.

I was hoping you had figured out a lightweight side window and manual crank setup. lol. I dont want to pay $3k for carbon doors and throw all the heavy stuff back in there.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was hoping you had figured out a lightweight side window and manual crank setup. lol. I dont want to pay $3k for carbon doors and throw all the heavy stuff back in there.

Yeah that wouldn't make sense to me either. I took everything out but made brackets to hold the factory glass in place. But if you want air, you need to open the door lol.

So the fender well front exit headers are almost done. With the exit through the fender up front, I now can run a true belly pan, and it will give me much more clearance under the car.

050%202_1.jpg~original

055.jpg~original

139%202.jpg~original

Also, since I elected to run a motor plate (easier to mount the external oil pump and vacuum pump that way), we still needed to connect the engine block to the frame to prevent rearward movement under acceleration---since my motor mounts off the K-member were eliminated for more header clearance. Its connected this way on each side.

149.jpg~original

Last edited:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So everything changed vs when I started this build - maybe should start a new thread and delete this one, but here is how this all ended up.

Final engine combo ended up being:

4.670 Bore X 4.500 Stroke = 616 cid
Crower billet crank
Diamond Pistons - 16.3 to 1 ended up being the final compression ratio
GRP Aluminum rods - 6.76 long
Profiler 205 heads with 2.45 intake / 1.88 exhaust valves - Victory titanium
Twin 1150 Dominators modified by Carb Shop
Hogan sheetmetal intake - this was the source of some concern based on the small plenum. Engine builder thought there was a legitimate 40+ horsepower to be had by going with a much larger plenum.

Valvetrain:
Jesel rocker arms - 1.8 ratio - the stand for all rockers on each side is 1 piece - I really like that. Even my T&D rockers had separate stands that bolted to the once piece intake stand.
60 mm cam - with the modified firing order where #2 and #8 are switched (15486372)
Cam specs (general) - over .900 lift on both intake / exhaust - big duration with more on the exhaust, a wider lobe separation then you might think due to this being a heavy power glide car.
Jesel keyway lifters, lifter bores bushed for the keyway lifters
Manton pushrods
Manley Nextex springs with 450 on the seat, 1050 open.

Other notes:
Note that the exhaust on the dyno is actually my front exit headers for the car - we actually just turned them upside down to make them rear exit, for the dyno. You can see the last picture what the exhaust looks like in the car. The mufflers are actually V-banded on right after the collector. The mufflers are little 9" long Vibrant mufflers.

Power:

This combo resulted in basically 1,000 hp at 5900 rpm (996.2 actual) and 1,100 hp at 6,800 rpm and 1188 hp at 7,800 rpm -- still climbing but I didn't want to beat the engine on the dyno.
Peak torque was 887 ft-lbs at 5,900 rpm.

Once I get this thing down the track a few times and seeing where I end up - I might change the intake - I might not. Right now I just want to race, and if the car will already do 8.50s the way it is now, I probably won't change anything as the car will only cert to 8.50 right now anyway. We will see what happens here in the next couple weeks. At 7,000 rpm, this combo has over 200 more hp than the old combo.

Some pictures. I will add a dyno video also.

31498958078_1a15ccf607_h.jpg

31498931938_00e0bce896_h.jpg

And after a couple days working on the car (installing the engine, headers, and then all of the small stuff) - here is what it looks like now:

30434468697_b4c8f0c8c2_h.jpg

Final thoughts:

I think the Ford C460 heads would have done just as well -- probably better as I could have gotten a set brand new and the heads could have been worked with the exact combo in mind. However I obviously don't have any specific info on the new profiler 221 head -- the ones on this build was the older profiler 205s.

If I decide I want more power in the future, first thing will be to get a new intake manifold. I got this one for a deal, used. I had a budget you know, so I tried to save a little money where I could, which ended up costing some power. This combo really should be 1200+ pretty easily.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow that's awesome Paul! Congrats! How much does your car weigh now?

I am not sure. Next month in Vegas I am going to take the car to the scales. With the carbon fiber doors and some other stuff I lost about 200lbs total, but then this engine is heavier vs the old one, so not really sure. I would be very happy if the car was 3,250 with me in the car.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
finally!

good luck at the track!

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, I have been wondering what happened to your build. Came out great and looking forward to some track numbers.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice bug catcher :D

Good luck with the car

I don't know if I like it. Once I have a few passes on the car I will take it off -- if I don't lose any mph I may keep it off. It does look better with the hood on, but I think it looks best without it at all. We will see.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
looking forward to seeing it in action!

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Ah, the car that almost made me leave 3 valve world and make me put a big block Ford my s***

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back