Another S197 Coyote Swap thread

Nutter281

forum member
Reaction score
Just a quick update to my dead thread in need of revitalizing - the coyote crate engine is installed and driving!

Here is a link to a short video of the exhaust note with the LTs and Flowmaster axle backs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4e-_7inJOk&feature=youtu.be

I still have some electrical/software gremlins to work out but i'll be driving her to work on Monday... :)

I bought a CAI that requires a tune so, until I have a tune, I have to use the stock MAF and airbox from the 2015 control pack which is waaayy too big to fit in an s197:

IMG_0695.jpg

In order to get the hood on, I used a bit of southern ingenuity:

IMG_0703.jpg

Overall, this project has been a huge PITA. Not going to lie. When I finally get to the otherside, I'll put together a better summary of what made this such a PITA so folks can make better decisions in the future.

Thanks,
Austin

Nutter281

forum member
Reaction score
BTW - Mods, is there a way for me to change the title of this thread? When I started it, I had no idea there was a forum member who's name was "AnotherS197" LOL

Nutter281

forum member
Reaction score
Would be happy to post loads of pictures but i'm at my maximum capacity of like 13MB :)

What is the trick to enabling more storage for pictures on this forum?

BMR Tech 2

Kelly's Replacement Lackey
Reaction score
Any updates on this? A/C functioning properly?

My A/C works just fine! Talk to Lito on this forum. He was the one that helped me, and I don't want to give away his secrets without his permission.

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
My A/C works just fine! Talk to Lito on this forum. He was the one that helped me, and I don't want to give away his secrets without his permission.

10-4

I was just curious because I remember reading where someone doing the swap was having trouble getting the a/c to cycle properly. I ran across your swap thread on one of the other forums and saw that you had basically got everything ironed out.

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
wheres Nutter at? We need updates..... and MOAR videos! LOL

Gab

Bullitthead
Reaction score
I'm surprised this section is kind of dead. I would have thought Coyote swaps in early S197's would be all the rage.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back