Muffler question

MDred

Reaction score
Hi gents,
Recently I had the muffler cut off of my car after it was damaged by bad cats. I actually kinda like the sound and extra pep. However the drone on the freeway is pretty bad. Can anyone suggest a muffler that keeps the nice raspy tone and extra pep but kills the drone? Thanks in advance guys.

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
Borla stingers, Corsa extremes or gt500 mufflers. Borlas would be the loudest out of the three but all are loud when you step on it and will have minimal drone at highway speeds. To be fair Ive never owned any one of these in person but they all come highly recommended.

By the way did you replace or delete the cats?

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
Id also like to add and muffler mid mounted would sound good too and wouldnt drone too much. With cats most axlebacks wont drone too bad but the ones Ive listed are the best.

warpony4.0

Reaction score
Hi gents,
Recently I had the muffler cut off of my car after it was damaged by bad cats. I actually kinda like the sound and extra pep. However the drone on the freeway is pretty bad. Can anyone suggest a muffler that keeps the nice raspy tone and extra pep but kills the drone? Thanks in advance guys.

Do you have stock y exhaust or x pipes or h pipes? If you want loud it truly depends on your exhaust set up as far as cats stock is good there are others I am going to replace mine with pypes high flow cats as far as axlebacks roush are pretty nice and deep. I have pypes mid x pipes true dual pypes I like them it sounds deep on a cold start and no drone as a hit higher rpms it gets louder. http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/59cbeba326506/VID_100790616_104135_403.mp4

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

MDred

Reaction score
I decided on Pypes Street Pro muffler. Not bad. Not too loud but a nice growl when you step on it.

MDred

Reaction score
War pony4.0 I'm interested in getting shocks all around looking at KYB.

warpony4.0

Reaction score
War pony4.0 I'm interested in getting shocks all around looking at KYB.
Nice. I went to acouple of shops in regards to a turbo kit I came across for 3200 so that's reasonable after I went to get some advice on that and what the cost is for install I was pretty bummed after all said and done I could buy the supercharger I was originally looking at. So now I have done more research and I was debating procharger or x charger so I am going to go for the x charger Xtreme Because it's intercooled and the cost is more then I anticipate so I am figuring out how to get the other half of money to get this X charger Xtreme.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

CtCarl

Affiliate Member
Reaction score
What a bad cat might look like:

cat-destruction.jpg

martinr69

Reaction score
I ran an off road H- pipe with bassini racing mufflers It had the aggressive sound to it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back