Project Large Caliber - Cam's NEW 2009 Bullitt Build Thread

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
Subbed.

The stock mufflers won't hold up with a boosted engine. Been through 4 sets, last set was purchased new and lasted 3 months.

I know and I remember what you went through. I'm going to run electric cutouts most likely to alleviate the pressure when I get on it. I love how the GTB's sound on a GT500.

Straight pipe that bitch!
FTW!

Wtf do you do for a career to afford this and a 65k car? Lol

He's an "East Coast Pimp Extraordinaire!"

Last edited:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Oops..hate it when that happens...track rental will be Apr 4th or May 16th, countdown has begun...

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Oops..hate it when that happens...track rental will be Apr 4th or May 16th, countdown has begun...

I should have it running by then. If not, I'll throw in a new Corvette hat when you take delivery. :nk:

Objective for this week/this weekend = Drop all front suspension, and rear suspension/axle. Going to wire brush the axle and paint it black. Probably going to change the fluid in it to. Any suggestions?

I'll be hooking it all back up with the new BMR goodies and then have axle tube braces welded in.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
cough cough..put amsoil in it from me...cough cough...

If you can get the axle tubes welded would be the time to do it, same with gears.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
We have ourselves a donor. Finalizing deal tomorrow hopefully.

2ujebe2a.jpg

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
Have the valve covers powder coated either black or DHG -- or at least something very similar to it.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Have the valve covers powder coated either black or DHG -- or at least something very similar to it.

I love the Ford wrinkle blue, and I'm glad this engine is coming with the covers so I don't have to get them powdercoated. I do wish I had a silver (11-12) eaton instead of the black one on it.

Later (much later) when I build it bigger I'll do another color scheme.

BTW - Those coil covers will be going bye bye immediately lol

i approve

Now we are talking!!!

me too :boobies::boobies:

Engine/Harness/ECU will be coming first and then when the 3V sells, I'll put that money towards the transmission/shifter/ds/heat exhanger/blah blah more stuff

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
What year is it from?

I'm not sure and he can't remember, it is between 07-09. I almost bought one for a 2010 with 9K miles but someone else jumped on it before I could. The engine is almost done being reassembled. Brand new FRPP Iron Block, new bearings, all redone to factory specs.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Nice! How close is it and price?

Engine will be shipped from upstate NY. Still working on him for the price. we are in the ballpark of 9K plus shipping and then he is putting me together for the transmission when I can buy it.

I'm happy with it, especially with it being a newly assembled motor, and a bunch of other parts thrown in.

Looking at aftermarket HE's - not sure if I need/want one with fans or not.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back