Play time is over you M'Fers.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Let the rebuild begin. The top end was fine after my mishap, but I chose to go the upgrade route and sell off my old set up. The result will be a BIG step up.

First, Profiler 205 cylinder heads. According to the flow sheets on these heads, the intake flows 532cfm and the exhaust flows 347cfm, both at .900 lift. For comparison, my P51s flowed 420cfm on the intake and 263cfm on the exhaust. When laid flat, the bottom of the intake port on the P51s was about a 1/2 inch above the deck. With these the bottom of the intake port is 2 3/8 inches above the deck. The intake port has been raised significantly, which allows a straight shot to the intake valve. The valves themselves are titanium, and the valve sizes are 2.45 intake / 1.88 exhaust. The P51s had 2.30 intake and 1.76 exhaust.

I chose a 4.600 bore X 4.500 stroke for a 598. *The cylinder head is a profiler 205. *Sheetmetal intake with twin dominators. *

Parts list:

Block: *Ford A460 block 4.600 bore (same one I had before)
Crank: *Crower billet crank 4.500 stroke
Connecting rods: Oliver
Pistons: *Diamond, 16:1 compression, lightened to 599 grams.
Cylinder Heads: *Profiler 205 cylinder heads (freshened by Uncle Charlie) - already set up with titanium valves 2.45/1.88, retainers, Comp valve springs
Camshaft: solid roller, specs to follow
Jesel roller rockers with one piece stands
Intake manifold -- Hogan sheet metal intake.
Carbs: *9377's 2X4 not sure what cfm they will end up after being gone through by the Carb Shop. *
Danny Bee belt drive
Meziere Electric water pump
MSD crank trigger ignition / 7AL2 plus / Belt Drive Billet distributer
Moroso vacuum pump
Moroso external oil pump
Stef's Oil Pan

Goal is 1200+hp all motor. Motor is going to be a 598 (4.600 bore X 4.500 stroke).

Last edited:

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Was the new ford small block that can supposedly go to 460 CI a consideration? Or are they just as spendy as what you are doing? I seem to remember you saying the heads you are running are very expensive.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
images

images

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Pffft 600 CID..... :lol:

Good luck with the 7s

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Was the new ford small block that can supposedly go to 460 CI a consideration? Or are they just as spendy as what you are doing? I seem to remember you saying the heads you are running are very expensive.

Oh the big inch small blocks are definitely a consideration and if you REALLY want to go fast I would go with a big inch SBF with a large single turbo--or as JPC proved, just stick with the mod motor and put a large single on it. But I am stuck on stupid and really enjoy a massive big block between the fenders. I mean, the engine compartment is so wide in the S197 vs earlier mustangs, its really meant to be this way. The small block kind seems a little lost in that engine bay.

Last edited:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hmmm…….should I use this to? I mean, just a little bit?

DualDominatorplatekit.jpg~original

Nah, I think I will sell it and have Nitrous Outlet do something up when the time comes…….

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
Oh the big inch small blocks are definitely a consideration and if you REALLY want to go fast I would go with a big inch SBF with a large single turbo--or as JPC proved, just stick with the mod motor and put a large single on it. But I am stuck on stupid and really enjoy a massive big block between the fenders. I mean, the engine compartment is so wide in the S197 vs earlier mustangs, its really meant to be this way. The small block kind seems a little lost in that engine bay.

Or go really really fast and turbo a big block.. Haha this is gonna be a sweet build.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back