Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There is no payment plan. ALL CASH.

tumblr_ly0oz4SKAK1qih9f9o1_500.gif

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
Yep I want to race in Hot Street (PSCA) and N/A 10.5 in NMCA West. I emailed Mel @ Psca, and as of right now not really sure if the class will be around next year in PSCA. BUT, in NMCA West series it is. Ideally I would want to run in both organizations. Just to participate, as I won't be competitive. Even with the weight penalty that these heads carry, and the weight penalty for the dual carb setup with sheet metal intake, the car will still be too heavy.

2014 rules I haven't seen yet. According to 2013 rules, NMCA N/A 10.5 rules the car would have to weigh 3380, and in PSCA the car would need to weigh 3320 lbs.

Can't wait to see how it ends up, your car was already a beast. Will you be too far off of those weights? Hopefully Hot Street continues, nice to have multiple places to go if you have the time/money. You doing a 25.5 anytime soon?

Puddin's car! Is that the A441 hemi head? That cylinder head is huge, and it really fills up that engine compartment. The class I will be racing doesn't allow the hemi cylinder head, just conventional.

mmmm, puddin.

/dirty old man

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see how it ends up, your car was already a beast. Will you be too far off of those weights? Hopefully Hot Street continues, nice to have multiple places to go if you have the time/money. You doing a 25.5 anytime soon?

No, with all of the weight penalties I should be very close. But I am not willing to cut up the car anymore, I enjoy the "factory" look of it. But that is why I wasn't concerned about any weight penalties, because even with the penalties the car will either be at weight or still a little more. I would have definitely chose a different route if I could get the car sub 2800 lbs, but I don't want to do that.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just needs some more CF!

I know. For example, carbon fiber doors, $2,000! Plus you need other things to install them, and I would no longer have the stock door panels for the interior. So I passed on that idea. Same with factory glass, it just looks so much better vs the lexan and the mounting tabs everywhere.

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
I know. For example, carbon fiber doors, $2,000! Plus you need other things to install them, and I would no longer have the stock door panels for the interior. So I passed on that idea. Same with factory glass, it just looks so much better vs the lexan and the mounting tabs everywhere.

Agreed, not only cost but a car that can run sub 8.50 and has the stock glass and stockish looking interior is looks so much better than a gutted car with lexan and associated hardware everywhere.

5iv

Homo 3.7 and 4.0 owner
Reaction score
Iv been told "There will always be someone smarter, faster, or stronger."

Psfracer you are that man.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Agreed, not only cost but a car that can run sub 8.50 and has the stock glass and stockish looking interior is looks so much better than a gutted car with lexan and associated hardware everywhere.

Totally agree. You know how many people come up to me in the staging lanes and ask if I bought the car this way? Is it a cobra jet? Obviously they don't follow fords that close if they do, but that speaks to the cars "factory" appearance which is the look I was going after.

what about lexan cut to the size of the stock glass and put in the window track?

x-all-the-things-meme-generator-carbon-fiber-all-the-things-4fb993.jpg

bfe65aadbc8fef76e8fa46694bc10f3c5eff581f6c5a52aba4e105676c75fc64.jpg

If I did that for ALL of the windows, that is about 60lbs. As far as that car, IF that is real carbon fiber, that cost a grip!

Iv been told "There will always be someone smarter, faster, or stronger."

Psfracer you are that man.

Nope. Go to Yellowbullet. Guys in X275, OL 10.5, TT5, XDR, those are the fast guys. You are right about one thing though…..there IS always someone faster, somewhere.

Damn Paul!!! Good luck on the build.

Hopefully by end of April I will be back out at the track.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Paul, you're so right about the badass rides over on YB. I'm pretty proud of my ride but I don't even mention it over there.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Got a lot done today. First, I put a lot of time over about 3 days into the intake manifold. It really needs another full day to be right, but its a huge improvement from what I started with.

At first the intake looked pretty scary, I didn't even think I was going to use it until I took it apart and saw the time and effort put on the inside of the manifold. A lot of epoxy in the intake and a lot of effort was put into each port, which matches perfectly to the heads when mached up.

UPDATE: Decided to go with a Hogan intake, will be selling this one.

And the mach up. I was very pleased the the intake ports lined up perfectly with the heads, every one. And on a side note, holy crap this thing is going to look huge in the engine bay.

Topendmachup1.jpg~original

Topendmachup3.jpg~original

Topendmachup2.jpg~original

Topendmachup4.jpg~original

Topendmachup6.jpg~original

Last edited:

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
It's fucked up how you manage to make us all look poor in one post.
I'll never forgive you.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I really don't have any idea. I think I might wait to make sure this manifold makes the power where I want it before deciding. I am thinking of a stock profile carbon fiber hood with the appropriate pro stock style hood scoop, but around 8 inches tall. The scoop will be mounted off of the manifold/carbs, and the hood will be cut around the scoop, so I can use a nice air pan set up.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back