BMR Watts Link - Teaser

DPE

forum member
Reaction score
Very interested in the Watts, and also possibly interested in your new line of springs? What are you planning on there in terms of rate and drop? Did not see mention of new springs anywhere else. Looking forward to seeing all of this develop.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I want that^

You and me both. I want to buy an early model GM car, just to use it.

I'd say it's overkill - but driving a car with it, is surreal. We have a Pro-Touring '69 Camaro here that we build, that is just amazing to drive.

Hmm I was going to get a phb from u guys but at the mentioned price point I may wait out.

Yes, I think it would be a wise choice. The average customer pays us about $250 for a panhard bar/brace set-up. For about $250 more, give or take, they can have a Watts.

Should i leave room for more Oogling and AH'ing?

lol! I giggled.

Just when I thought I could spend some money for something other than my Mustang;>

Nothing better than modding, huh?!

Very interested in the Watts, and also possibly interested in your new line of springs? What are you planning on there in terms of rate and drop? Did not see mention of new springs anywhere else. Looking forward to seeing all of this develop.

Just about all of our springs will be roughly 1.5" drop.

Here is a quick run down of the rates we settled on, after testing. They will all be available as front or rear pairs, separate. Of course, we will have "kits" with all (4) springs for handling, performance, and Drag.

Fronts: (lb/in)

Rears: (lb/in)

I am very excited about them. :)

just awesome. definitely getting this.

Can't say I blame ya!

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
Do_Want.jpg

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
I had a Saleen watts link, i loved confidence it gave me coming out of turns and it just made the rear so much more predictable, however i had nothing but problems with mine and i believe it was the bolt on differential cover design, at some point/somwhow the bolt was bent slightly and i broke 2 Watts link Arms in less than a year, getting anything from Saleen is like puling teeth so i swapped the panhard back in...

So the added weight may be worth the piece of mind, curious to see the price point, at $1,000 theres some sticker shock but one you drive a Watts S197 you will be sure its worth the money.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
This system will be WAY less than $1000.....

Close to half of that.

We are able to do this, due to keeping the fancy billet and aluminum pieces away from this kit. If we were providing a new aluminum diff cover, or a billet propeller mount, then it would definitely be in the $1000 range.

This system will allow the use of any diff cover available, OEM/Aftermarket etc.

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score
So the $500 dollar question is will it fit with the SVT finned diff cover with AN cooler lines protruding out of it?

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
This system will be WAY less than $1000.....

Close to half of that.

We are able to do this, due to keeping the fancy billet and aluminum pieces away from this kit. If we were providing a new aluminum diff cover, or a billet propeller mount, then it would definitely be in the $1000 range.

This system will allow the use of any diff cover available, OEM/Aftermarket etc.

That implies that you are not intending to articulate on the differential cover...which further implies you have to use plan B..."axle clamps". So what you end up with will be the same concept as the fays2 + steeda units. The problem with the axle clamp method is you also then need to support the propeller.... which implies the use of the...."ladder".

That will all work...provided you use axle clamps that are well made..and don't shift on the axles..pita.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
What do you do when plan b doesn't work? or should we call it ru486 now?

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Pentalab, are you not looking at the pictures I am posting?

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That implies that you are not intending to articulate on the differential cover...which further implies you have to use plan B..."axle clamps". So what you end up with will be the same concept as the fays2 + steeda units. The problem with the axle clamp method is you also then need to support the propeller.... which implies the use of the...."ladder".

That will all work...provided you use axle clamps that are well made..and don't shift on the axles..pita.

Why do you even bother posting? Go look at the pictures Kelly put up. You know what, I'll make it easy on you:

IMAG1757.jpg

Futhermore, there have been no documented cases of either the Fays2 or Steeda axle clamps slipping. There are quite a few members on here running Fays2 units on their daily drivers for years with no issues at all.

Next question?

Last edited:

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Pentalab, are you not looking at the pictures I am posting?

Dunno how in hell I missed your superb pix.... must be brain dead. Points well taken. The new design is very unique. It's better than the fays2, steeda and the WL /griggs /cortex.

This new BMR design doesn't use axle clamps, doesn't use the 'ladder' and doesn't articulate on the differential cover.

Hat's off to you. That is the best designed watts link bar none. You have all the benefits of a watts link, without any of the drawbacks, weak points, problem points.

Jimbo

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Why do you even bother posting? Go look at the pictures Kelly put up. You know what, I'll make it easy on you:

IMAG1757.jpg

Futhermore, there have been no documented cases of either the Fays2 or Steeda axle clamps slipping. There are quite a few members on here running Fays2 units on their daily drivers for years with no issues at all.

Next question?

Actually there have been several cases of axle clamps slipping..and by as much as .4" . I will try an dig up the info if at all possible. Some of the earlier clamp designs left a bit to be desired. Some issues may have been due to improper install. JDM engineering won't even sell the fays2 or steeda watts link anymore.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back