S197 308 boss pushrod turbo swap

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
^^^you and me both! I admire when people can just say umm heres a bunch of shit and I'm going to make it work. I'd stand there with my finger in my nose picking my ass saying fawwwk this!

OP, keep up the great work! In for the results. Oh and I think you are wise to try to keep it one piece. I feel like the hp/# boost of turbo cars goes up when the cold side is free of excess bends & couplers to keep a nice flow.

tubbedstangeater

forum member
Reaction score
A cheap Ryobi chop saw with adjustable angles helps out too. This 05 has forced me to customize just about everything. It can be irritating at times.

tubbedstangeater

forum member
Reaction score
Comments are appreciated. One piece pipe is better. I just hope it comes out as one piece after tacked.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Great work. Looking great so far. What are your plans with the interior?

tubbedstangeater

forum member
Reaction score
Stock for now
It has the mustang lettered charcoal seats . Not too bad. Ecu drives the tach and speedometer. My solution is to put a electric auto meter tach and speed in the two existing holes.

Last edited:

tubbedstangeater

forum member
Reaction score
qyquva5e.jpg
a4a3u2a6.jpg
ahete7uj.jpg
agu8evu6.jpg

Blowoff valve tomorrow sometime then tig it all up

K_Brogoitti

forum member
Reaction score
Looks good bud. Your progress goes along very nicely. I really like how clean that motor looks in that engine bay

tubbedstangeater

forum member
Reaction score
No I run a msd box and coil. I'm looking at a spot to hide it. All I want is the coil showing. The holley hp system is already tuned for prior car. It'll just plug in and mount. I'm going to hook the fan and fuel wires into the existing panel in engine bay.i want sleek and as clean as possible.

tubbedstangeater

forum member
Reaction score
naje2y5a.jpg
qe6ezaje.jpg
daduvyre.jpg
6avagysu.jpg
yjugaha5.jpg
yguzeba8.jpg
py4uqusa.jpg
u3era9ep.jpg

Wiring, trans mount, fuel, wiring left, put stock 06 exhaust on and merge to turbo is all that's left.

GT500KR

forum member
Reaction score
just a word of caution... that MSD box is not water proof/resistant AT ALL!!
i had the same one in similar location and water got in there and fried it... what i did on the second one was drill the 4 tiny rivets out of each corner. then sealed it up between the base and the back plate with Silicone/RTV. just a bit of advise...

tubbedstangeater

forum member
Reaction score
I drilled mine already and sealed. I had to let that thing dry out a couple times lol before I figured it out. Thanks for the heads up.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back