IMRC problem

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Hmm, be sure to post up what happens. Taking it in right?

09Silverbullet

Reaction score
Geez, I wonder why Ford is back tracking utilizing those things? They used those on the old 4.6L 3V and 4V. Seems like more of a pita to me...... LOL.

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Geez, I wonder why Ford is back tracking utilizing those things? They used those on the old 4.6L 3V and 4V. Seems like more of a pita to me...... LOL.

Because they actually work really well in normal use, they can be problematic but for the most part do what they're supposed to do.

My SVT Focus uses a dual stage/IMRC setup and it works exceptionally well to give the car more usable power across a much wider range than a fixed intake can do.

-Steve

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Because they actually work really well in normal use, they can be problematic but for the most part do what they're supposed to do.

My SVT Focus uses a dual stage/IMRC setup and it works exceptionally well to give the car more usable power across a much wider range than a fixed intake can do.

-Steve

Exactly.

The low to mid range torque on a S550 compared to a S197 is pretty significant. I can definitely tell the difference. My average MPG is about 2-3 more MPG than the 13 GT I had. So I would say the work well.

What exactly is the code OP?

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score

Yeah, on the 4.6 3v the charge motion control valves work so well that deleting them is a popular mod on this engine. ;)
Contrary to popular myth there's no loss of low rev torque if you install delete plates and revise the tune.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
People only delete them because they have been known to break at the butterflies.

Those are extremely rare cases. More commonly the butterflies become encrusted with oil vapors coming from the PCV system even on low mileage engines, and that can cause them to stick in the closed position resulting in a loss of higher rpm performance.
That said, their only real function is to increase air "tumble" at idle and low rpm to improve emissions, especially during cold start-up. I deleted mine more than a year ago and I certainly don't miss them.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back